Testing Send SCU

Victor S

Sep 26, 2019, 2:22:33 PM9/26/19
to dcm4che
I installed dcm4chee-arc-5.18.1-psql.zip and I would like to store a DICOM study to the new server.
I don't have acces to the device and I just want to make a test using the SendSCU application from Charruasoft.

My dcm4chee server is listening on port 11112 but when I try to echo from SendSCU I receive:
ECHO failed to connect to: remote (192.168.88.100:11112)
Port 11112 is opened on the dcm4chee server.
I tested the ECHO from the dcm4chee web interface like in the image and is working.

Why isn't SendSCU working?
ae.jpg

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Sep 27, 2019, 8:15:26 PM9/27/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
The problem with that software is the fact that the message about the failure tells you nothing. You get the same failure message if the called AETitlte is wrong or if you have the wrong port or hostname, even if you increase the log level.

Try double checking everything, including the fact that you can successfully ping your server and port 11112 being actually open.

You should also check dcm4chee's own logs to see if you are receiving the association requests at all, maybe the called AETitle is not recognized.

You could also try using another tool like the tools from the dcm4che toolkit... those will give you more information about the reason for the echo failure like if the request was refused, timed out or the association failed for some reason.

Gunter Zeilinger

Sep 28, 2019, 1:24:36 AM9/28/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You may use dcm4che's storescu or dcmtk's echoscu utility to verify the connection to the archive from another host.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.