Thumbnails not loading in the dicom explorer plugin

Arun ks

Oct 10, 2013, 8:16:54 AM10/10/13
 I have created another plugin that loads Dicom images to the weasis viewer.But when loading the images successfully, the thumbnail images are not shown in the dicom explorer plugin.From what I understood from the code is that the eventmanager of the viewer is sending every events in the viewer to the explorer plugin.Why this happens?Please help.

thanx

Arun ks

Oct 10, 2013, 8:55:00 AM10/10/13
The patientPaneList is getting updated ...but not the studypane or thumbnails.....I just needed to confirm whether it is my plugins mistake..by whichever means when images are loaded in the viewerPlugin thumbnails should be created in the dicomexplorer  ..right?

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2013, 1:36:37 PM10/10/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
It is difficult to answer without seeing the code. Normally, the dicom files should be register to the DicomModel (dicom database in memory - the data model-) which notifies automatically the DicomExplorer (the view of the model).

Arun ks

Oct 28, 2013, 10:33:06 AM10/28/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
How can I register to the Dicommodel?...The way i did it was to create another object  of the DicomModel...but as you know it is not equal to the one which is used in the Dicom Explorer.. Because it fails in the propertychange method where you  checks model.equals(evt.getsource()) for obvious reasons...Please reply....

thanx

Nicolas Roduit

Oct 29, 2013, 3:18:41 AM10/29/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I don't understand what you want to do and why you create another dicom model.

The way to build a independent plugin is described at http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/WEA/How+to+build+and+install+a+plug-in and I recommend to use the one to import DICOM (same as DICOM zip import).

That means the UI component should implements ImportDicom and the factory implements DicomImportFactory. Unfortunately, there is no maven archetype to build a sample of this plugin type, but you can have a look on a plugin which exports DICOM (https://github.com/nroduit/weasis-isowriter).

Arun ks

Oct 29, 2013, 3:47:26 AM10/29/13
Sorry for the confusion.....I dont want to create another dicommodel..I want to add my dicom files to the dicomModel in memory. which automatically notifies dicomexplorer...How I can do it by code?.A small code example would be really helpfull.Please reply...

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2013, 6:39:44 AM10/29/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
As mentioned above the DICOM ZIP import is an example. I still don't understand what you want to achieve, Make your question more specific, If you want a better answer.

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:43:41 AM UTC+1, Arun ks wrote:
Sorry for the confusion.....I dont want to create another dicommodel..I want to add my dicom files to the dicomModel in memory. which automatically notifies dicomexplorer...How I can do it by code?.A small code example would be really helpfull.Please reply...

Arun ks

Oct 29, 2013, 6:57:01 AM10/29/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your patience.......It is solved!!