DCM4CHEE: auto port configulation for windows client

kiftei jiombei

Sep 8, 2013, 11:03:14 PM9/8/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
hello from japan.

for this 5 years, we are using DCM4CHEE & OsiriX.
10 DCM4CHEE servers & over 300 OsiriX client.
thank you development team. DCM4CHEE is great software.

now we will run new facility.
but, in this time, we cant use OsiriX, we have to use windows as client.
so im now considerling using ClearCanvas Workstation.
i tried it, and i could query / retrieve / imaging.
no problem.

but "auto port configulation" looks dosent work with CleaCanvas on windows7.
i mean "auto port configulation" is setting of webpage from jmx console service:AE - AEConfiguration.

i think i could clear windows7 firewall setting.
(so i could retrieve. but im not goot at windows7 thou.)

auto port configulation is very useful for me.
i could use it with OsiriX so far.
id like to use it for windows if i can.

is there any tips about this.

thank you for reading my bad english,
and thank you for 2020 tokyo olympic.

Arnold Maderthaner

Sep 9, 2013, 10:49:09 AM9/9/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Did you try if you can do dcmecho from dcm4chee server to the windows ip address on the configured dicom ports that you have for auto port configuration ?

Rady

Sep 9, 2013, 11:10:15 PM9/9/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have complement knowledge, we use clearcanvas extensively, now new to DCM4Chee, let me try to help you with few steps. Hope you are using DCM4Chee as PACS and Clearcanvas Workstation as your viewer.  This the Step you need to follow.
  1. Install dcm4chee and ClearCanvas. (done)
  2. Configure ClearCanvas node on dcm4chee (done?)
    • Login to dcm4chee-web
    • Go to AE Management
    • Add new AET (your cc_workstation) (done? if its not and you need help just let me know)
    • Note 1: Default ClearCanvas Workstation AE Title is AETITLE (you have to change it as you might have many workstations connecting to DCM4Chee PACS)
    • Note 2: If you do not add ClearCanvas node to dcm4chee AE Title list you'll be able only to query studies and NOT retrieve or send studies from/to dcm4chee server.
  3. Configure dcm4chee node on ClearCanvas
    • Open CC Workstation
    • Go to My Servers
    • Add a new server
    • AET: DCM4CEE (by default)
    • PORT: 11112 (by default)
    • IP: (you have to check dcm4chee server IP, if its the same machine you can use "localhost")
    • All other fields may be filled as you wish.
  4. Query/Retrieve
    • Select just created dcm4chee server node and...
    • You can click search and ignore the warning if you have a small number of cases.
    • Double click to retrieve.
  5. Send
    • From your servers list box select "My Studies"
    • You will see all studies from your local (cc_workstation) database
    • Select studies
    • Click "Send"
    • Choose dcm4chee server and send.
If you wanted to know more about configure this, please refer to this link

with regards
Rady

kiftei jiombei

Sep 13, 2013, 1:24:26 AM9/13/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your polite reply.

resolved. im sorry. it was just too slow.

i changed order of port number at auto-port-configulation of dcm4chee.
my client(ClearCanvas) is using port "4096".
so i changed it from "104,4096,4444,11112,29000" to "4096,104,4444,11112,29000".
"4096" was moved from 2nd to 1st.

about the time which starting of retrive.(i was checking with server.log of dcm4chee)

  "104,4096,4444,11112,29000" needed about 70sec
  "4096,104,4444,11112,29000" needed 0sec.

but we couldn't notice this while we use Mac=OsiriX.
there must b any tips.
thx anyway.