Usings tags from different levels in C-Find query

Matthijs Lipperts

Apr 10, 2017, 9:22:08 AM4/10/17
to dcm4che
Dear all,

I'm trying to query (and retrieve) images from my hospital PACS for dose diagnostics (using dcm4che 2.0.28), and I'd like to have all Thorax DX images in a specified timewindow.
When I use the following string:

dcmqr -L DRNDICOM STENT...@10.100.100.20:107 -qStudyDate=20170401-20170410 -qModality=DX -qModalitiesInStudy=DX -qStudyDescription=Thorax

all DX studies from that time period are returned, so the tag StudyDescription is not used in the query. Is there a way I can include this tag (and others, e.g. StationName) in the query? I'm guessing I should use a different query-level for this, but so far I haven't been able to work this out.

Thanks in advance!
Matthijs

fleetwoodfc

Apr 11, 2017, 8:24:16 AM4/11/17
to dcm4che
Seems like this should work as dcmqr queries at the study level by default.  Do you have the dicom conformance statement for the STENTOR ?

Matthijs Lipperts

Apr 18, 2017, 8:15:39 AM4/18/17
to dcm4che

Thanks fleetwoodfc! Unfortunately it doesn't work. The conformance statement from the PACS I'm querying says it accepts all valid keys, and the set being used is defined by the client:

"All DICOM attributes specified as valid keys for C-FIND messages are legal for

Philips iSite Server query keys as well. In practice, the set actually used is defined

by client-side requests so only a pertinent subset would be used. Table 5 lists the

essential tags that Philips iSite Server will expect any Query/Retrieve SCP to

support for the Study Root Information Model.

Table 5: DICOM data elements supported for SOP Class ‘Study Root Query/Retrieve

Information Model - FIND'

Level Description Tag Type

Study Patient’s Name (0010,0010) R

Study Patient ID (0010,0020) U

Study Study ID (0020,0010) R

Study Study Instance UID (0020,000D) U

Study Study Date (0020,0020) R

Study Study Time (0020,0030) R

Study Accession Number (0008,0050) R

Study Referring Physician (0008,0090) O

Study Study Description (0008,1030) O"

I found somewhere online (https://dcm4che.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ee2/DICOM+Attribute+Filter) that attribute filters can be modified (in conf/dcm4chee-attribute-filter.xml), however I cannot find this xml-file in my dcm4che distribution.
Is there maybe something else I am overlooking?