ad...@radiology-consults.com

Jul 9, 2016, 7:36:57 AM7/9/16
to dcm4che

Hello,

Does Weasis support loading of Gzipped dicom files (contentEncoding = gzip) when using the DirectDownloadFile  option ?

Thanks

ad...@radiology-consults.com

Jul 14, 2016, 11:41:58 AM7/14/16
to dcm4che
Any experience with this anyone ?
Gzipping can sometimes save up to  50% of bandwidth so this is an important issue.

Nicolas Roduit

Jul 15, 2016, 2:35:13 AM7/15/16
to dcm4che
No, it is only supported for the manifest file. As I have to make some modifications to support WADO-RS I will add the gzip option for downloading images.

However, the best way to compress images even for lossless is by jpeg-lossless, jpeg-ls or j2k.