Weasis - MIP - 3D Rotation?

Yassin Jdaoudi

Jul 1, 2015, 7:20:31 AM7/1/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have a question regarding the MIP feature of Weasis.

Once we have a MIP object (see attached screenshot), can we 3D rotate the view?
I don't think so but I would like to make sure.

Could it be a suggestion for a new feature? Any recommendation if I want to implement this by contributing to Weasis?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Don't hesitate.

Best,
Yassin J.
weasis-MIP.png

Nicolas Roduit

Jul 3, 2015, 11:33:48 AM7/3/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, jdaoud...@gmail.com
Yes, you cannot rotate a mip view in all the directions.

The current implementation of MIP and MPR is not real 3D. This has some limitations but also some advantages: run on any hardware and on any system, allow to dispay MPR even when the series is larger than the memory avaliable for the application.

To have a real time rendering, I think only a gpu approch is possible.

Yassin Jdaoudi

Jul 6, 2015, 3:57:42 AM7/6/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, jdaoud...@gmail.com
Thank you for your help Nicolas!