Configure DCM4CHEE as DICOM ROUTER

Andres Castiblanco

Mar 1, 2016, 2:17:52 PM3/1/16
to dcm4che
Hi

I have 2 dcm4chee instances. One is inside my company, the other is on the cloud. I use openvpn to make a tunnel between both servers and allow dicom connection. The instance of my company, I use it as a dicom router.

I configure the dicom router in this way:
  • "service=Forward" -> ForwardingRules, configure to send everything to the cloud.
  • "service=StoreScp" -> CompressionRules, try with JPLL, JLSL, J2KR almost the same result but better than NONE

I have a connection of 3MB upload. (Not option to improve it for now)

The problem is when some studies weight a lot (10MB+) an takes up to 7 minutes to upload the study into the cloud. And with all the other studies the queue starts to grows a lot.

  1. Is there a better option than openvpn?
  2. Are there more missing configuration to store the files and to send them to the cloud?
  3. Any idea how to improve the forward of the studies?
  4. Should I use other tool, different to dcm4chee, to use it as Dicom Router?

Thanks in advance, I am asking this because I went to other place, they use the same PACS (dcm4chee) in the Cloud but is much faster. (not sure what do they use as dicom router, I guess is another dcm4chee)

fleetwoodfc

Mar 1, 2016, 6:46:08 PM3/1/16
to dcm4che
Is your connection 3MB (bytes) or 3Mb (bits) ? The file is 10MBytes so it will take a few minutes to send. Lossless compression should reduce the file size by 3 or 4:1 so it should be much faster.

Andres Castiblanco

Mar 2, 2016, 8:48:53 AM3/2/16
to dcm4che
Thanks fleetwoodfc.

So in your experience, just the compression is the only configuration, in the dcm4chee, that would help?