MWL list on different Web App Service

nutun

Mar 18, 2020, 7:41:05 AM3/18/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

I have deployed dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.22.0-secure (dockerized) and using its MWL feature. I have cloned AET and Web Application of DCM4CHEE named as DCMPACS.

In MWLs list when I query list through DCM4CHEE Web App Service, it displays all MWL entries but when I want to search list through DCMPACS Web App Service, it displays nothing in MWL list and a popup message displays "No matching Modality Worklist Entries found!".

I have noticed a change in this version under Web Applications -> Web Service Class -> MWL_RS feature which have a check box and it is checked in both Web Applications (i.e DCM4CHEE and DCMPACS).

Need guidelines on this.

Vrinda Nayak

Mar 18, 2020, 8:47:11 AM3/18/20
to dcm4che
Version 5.22.0 onwards, MWLs are separated by Archive AEs.

nutun

Mar 18, 2020, 9:15:30 AM3/18/20
to dcm4che
Thank you Vrinda Nayak for your prompt response.

Can you please explain or make it more easy for me? As I followed the link but unfortunately did not understood exactly what to do and where to do in dcm4chee.

Vrinda Nayak

Mar 18, 2020, 9:39:28 AM3/18/20
to dcm4che
Version 5.22.0 onwards when new MWLs are created, a Local AET is assigned to it in the database.

For all the older MWL entries (which were created before 5.22.0) the update script assigned * as Local AET (as this column cannot be null). So if you have any MWL Items in your database where LocalAET = * or Local AET = DCMPACS, they should show up for your newly created AE and Web Application DCMPACS.

The search/count service returns back all entries where LocalAET = * or matches with AET in the path parameter of  GET /dcm4chee-arc​/aets​/{aet}​/rs​/mwlitems

nutun

Mar 19, 2020, 1:00:12 AM3/19/20
to dcm4che
Hi Vrinda Nayak.

I have followed the steps you suggested, but did not succeeded as I am unable to understand what to do exactly. So let me explain what my understanding is after all this practice. See the following:

1. Version 5.22.0 onwards when new MWLs are created, a Local AET is assigned to it in the database
= in my case Local AET is DCM4CHEE

2. add property LocalAET to entity MWLItem, initialized with Archive AE Title
= in which property I have to add LocalAET i.e DCM4CHEE? Do I add a new AET named MWLItem? did not understand "initialized with Archive AE Title"

3. associated with HL7 Application by Archive HL7 Application attribute AETitle on creation by HL7v2 Order message
= did not get exactly attribute AETitle on creation by HL7v2 Order message

4. specified in Path Parameter on creation by POST /dcm4chee-arc/aets/{aet}/rs/mwlitems
= when I query MWL through DCMPACS AET, logs shosws  "Process GET /dcm4chee-arc/aets/DCM2/rs/mwlitems?limit=21&offset=0&includefield=all"

It will be very helpful for me if you can explain the steps by step configuration.

Vrinda Nayak

Mar 19, 2020, 5:17:16 AM3/19/20
to dcm4che
If you want to view MWLs also with your new AET, you need to first create MWLs which shall have your new AET assigned to them as LocalAET in database. You can achieve this either using UI or HL7 messages.

1) Using UI : Go to Patients tab in Navigation page; select the Web Application which has your new AET and query. Add a new MWL for a patient. In MWL tab, you shall be able to see the newly created MWL with the Web Application which has your new AET.

2) Using HL7 messages : Clone the existing HL7 Application * and associate your new AET to this cloned HL7 Application (You will find this attribute AE Title in Archive HL7 Application Extension of your cloned HL7 Application). Note that the HL7 messages (received by your archive) should have in MSH-4 and MSH-5 the Application Name and Facility Name (of your cloned HL7 Application) respectively. [eg. your cloned HL7 Application Name = HL7APP|DCMPACS where HL7APP is the Application Name and DCMPACS is the Facility Name]

nutun

Mar 19, 2020, 9:04:28 AM3/19/20
to dcm4che
Thank you Vrinda Nayak for your reply and you make it more easy for me.

I have followed the steps you recommended, but did not succeeded. I have adopted the option number 2 and done the following:

a) I have new AET i.e DCMPACS

b) Cloned default HL7 application i.e * and named it HL7APP|DCMPACS (Screenshots attached) and associated it with DCMPACS AET

c) Sent HL7 file through Mirth. One HL7 file sent having DCM4CHEE in MSH-4 and MSH-5 (file attached) which is shown in MWLs against DCM4CHEE Web App Service only. Second HL7 file sent having HL7APP in MSH-4 and DCMPACS in MSH-5 (file attached) which is  not shown in MWLs against DCMPACS or DCM4CHEE Web App Service but shown in Patients tab. Both MWL entries are shown in Patients tab (Screenshot attached).
SS-4.JPG
SS-2.JPG
SS-3.JPG
SS-1.JPG
MWL with DCM4CHEE.hl7
MWL with DCMPACS.hl7

Vrinda Nayak

Mar 19, 2020, 9:15:25 AM3/19/20
to dcm4che
From your earlier post
    = when I query MWL through DCMPACS AET, logs shosws  "Process GET /dcm4chee-arc/aets/DCM2/rs/mwlitems?limit=21&offset=0&includefield=all"

Your Web Application configuration for DCMPACS is wrong. The Web Service URL has DCM2 instead of DCMPACS

nutun

Mar 19, 2020, 9:47:29 AM3/19/20
to dcm4che
I have multiple AETs configured on my dcm4chee. DCM2 is one of them.

I am testing MWL with DCM4CHEE and DCMPACS AETs and using DCM2 for sending and retrieval of DICOM images. Where as at that time when I sent you the logs, I have mixed up and sent query to DCM2 and share this log with you "Process GET /dcm4chee-arc/aets/DCM2/rs/mwlitems?limit=21&offset=0&includefield=all" .

Actual MWL AETs are DCM4CHEE and DCMPACS.  you can ignore Process GET /dcm4chee-arc/aets/DCM2/rs/mwlitems?limit=21&offset=0&includefield=all"  as it is my mistake.

Vrinda Nayak

Mar 19, 2020, 10:32:49 AM3/19/20
to dcm4che
Clone DCM4CHEE Web Application and replace DCM4CHEE with DCMPACS in the Web Service Path. Also assign AE Title as DCMPACS and retry the query.

As a general note : Whenever you clone a AE and if you want to use REST services with the cloned AE, you need to also clone the respective Web Applications (which you want to use with new AE) and replace / assign the new AET value in Web Service Path and AE Title fields

nutun

Mar 19, 2020, 11:59:57 PM3/19/20
to dcm4che
Thank you Vrinda Nayak. My issue is resolved by following you guidelines.

nutun

Mar 20, 2020, 7:41:46 AM3/20/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

I have another question regarding this thread.

I have DCM4CHEE, DCMPACS, DCM1 and DCM2 AETs / Web App Service. Whan I query MWL from any of these AETs / Web App Service, it shows its own MWL list only which is fine.

Now I want there should also an AET / Web App Service from which I can query all MWL list saved in DB against each AETs / Web App Service. For example when I query MWL through DCM1 it should show DCM1 MWLs and same in case of DCM2 and DCMPACS (currently this is the behavior as mentioned above) and when I query MWL through DCM4CHEE it should show all MWLs list of DCM4CHEE, DCM1, DCM2 and DCMPACS AETs / Web App Service.

Is it possible?

Gunter Zeilinger

Mar 20, 2020, 8:04:18 AM3/20/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
May 2, 2020, 5:53:01 PM5/2/20
to dcm4che
Hi Gunterze and Vrinda Nayak,

I have another scenario. I have deployed dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.22.0-secure dockerized (Server1) which is my primary PACS server (which is being discussed in this thread) and recently I have deployed another dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.22.0-secure dockerized (Server2) which is my secondary PACS server. I have configured same AETs and Web Applications in Server1 and server2 as I want to make server2 as backup of server1.

I have set HL7 Forward Rule on server1 to forward MWL HL7 to server2.

Server1 receives MWL against DCMPACS Web App Service and it displays MWL perfectly and forwards MWL data to server2 successfully but all the MWL entries on server2 can be listed DCM4CHEE Web App Service and DCMPACS Web App service of server2 displays nothing where as I want server2 to display forwarded MWL data in DCMPACS Web App Service just like in server1.

I have done the following configurations:

a) On both servers, I have DCMPACS AET and DCMPACS Web Application which is clone of DCM4CHEE.

b) On both servers, cloned default HL7 application i.e * and named it HL7APP|DCMPACS and associated it with DCMPACS AET

c) Sent HL7 file through Mirth to server1 having HL7APP in MSH-4 and DCMPACS in MSH-5

d) Configured HL7 Forward Rule on server1.

Need guidelines on this.

Vrinda Nayak

May 4, 2020, 5:21:26 AM5/4/20
to dcm4che
a) On both servers, I have DCMPACS AET and DCMPACS Web Application which is clone of DCM4CHEE.
and
b) On both servers, cloned default HL7 application i.e * and named it HL7APP|DCMPACS and associated it with DCMPACS AET
This is technically not possible as you would get 409 Bad Request This AE Title (or Web Application or HL7 Application) already exists as they are supposed to be unique.

To simulate your case, you may (or may not) clone DCM4CHEE. It is sufficient to configure DCM4CHEE (or DCMPACS, if cloned from DCM4CHEE) as Other AE Title on the Application Entity of second archive. Also you need to configure a http connection on first archive and associate it with the web application DCM4CHEE (or DCMPACS, if cloned from DCM4CHEE). If you have cloned AE from DCM4CHEE as DCMPACS, you need to clone DCM4CHEE Web Application as well and associate this AE Title in the Web Service Path and AE Title fields and also associate http connection.
MWL-on-archive1.png
MWL-on-archive2.png

vet...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2021, 8:04:12 AM1/12/21
to dcm4che
Hi I want to ask you a question about the same topic :

I need 2 MWL for different modalities.
Just to explain what I think I've understood from the discussion you had.
I can clone on archive (and web application device) and then a working list will be created also linked to this new archive and webapp ?
After that in my hl7 ORMO01 message I have to fill the right name of the archive in the MSH header and dcm4chee will make the filter and send it to the right mwl ?

Thank you for the help and the explanations.
Antoine

gunterze

Jan 12, 2021, 8:14:21 AM1/12/21
to dcm4che
First, why you need 2 different MWL SCPs for different modalities?
You may also feed one MWL from different HL7 receivers with different configured HL7 to DICOM MWL mapping.
And when you really want different MWL SCPs, you don't need to run several archives - just different AEs and corresponding HL7 receivers of one archive providing isolated MWLs.
And the different MWL SCPs and HL7 receivers may be provided on the same or a different port.

vet...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2021, 4:14:18 PM1/12/21
to dcm4che
Thank you Gunter.
So I have a to learn about hl7 receivers. I have to admit that you configuration (feed one MWL from different HL7 receivers with different configured HL7 to DICOM MWL mapping) is not clear for me. I have to search and read about it.
different MWL SCPs and HL7 receivers may be provided on the same or a different port : for that when I use Mirth for example I can not configure a AE name, just IP and port. So I don't know how to send to different AE which are also on the same port.

Antoine

gunterze

Jan 13, 2021, 5:21:00 AM1/13/21
to dcm4che

gunterze

Jan 13, 2021, 5:23:36 AM1/13/21
to dcm4che
I am not familiar with Mirth, but I would wonder, if it does not support to configure sending different HL7 message to just one HL7 receiver.

gunterze

Jan 13, 2021, 5:37:52 AM1/13/21
to dcm4che
Correction/Clarification:
.. to configure sending different HL7 messages with different values for Receiving Application (MSH-5)/ Receiving Facility (MSH-6) to one host:port.

vet...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2021, 10:51:59 AM1/13/21
to dcm4che
Thank you.

I've red the github howto about the dcm4chee hl7.
I do create the hl7 message myself form my application and can configure them the way I want to it won't be a problem to send different MSH-5 or MSH-6.

BUT in my modalities I fill the AE title, IP and Port number. So how I have to create differents AEs, each associated with a HL7 receipter, each with a value specific for Receiving application and Receiving facility ?
If these 2 values are not correct, then they won't be displayed in the MWL or they will be in all ?

Thank you, your help really helps me.
Antoine

gunterze

Jan 13, 2021, 12:07:38 PM1/13/21
to dcm4che
Modalities typically use their own AE Title as Matching Key for

Scheduled Procedure Step Sequence (0040,010)
> Scheduled Station AE Title (0040,0001)

in the MWL C-FIND RQ, to query only for Scheduled Procedure Steps which are scheduled for that particular Modality Device.
s. IHE Radiology Technical Framework, Volume 2, 4.5 Query Modality Worklist [RAD-5], 2. The Broad Query.

If you have to deal with Modalities which fails to do so, you may configure an Attribute Coercion for the MWL C-FIND RQ, which use the Calling AET used by the Modality to open the Association as matching Key for that Attribute. s. Coerce inbound MWL c-find requests #1442,

So there is typically no reason to spit Scheduled Procedure Steps over several MWL SCPs to ensure the each modality only see the Scheduled Procedure Steps scheduled for that particular Modality Device..

vet...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2021, 2:32:59 PM1/13/21
to dcm4che
I'm sorry to be so lost at the beginning of the process.

I tried to create an AE extension but then I can't complete the process because I can't associate it with the HL7 2575 port and only with the DICOM 1112
I tried also to create a HL7 extension but I realize that I need an AE extension first.
Capture d’écran 2021-01-13 à 20.26.21.png
Capture d’écran 2021-01-13 à 20.25.17.png

gunterze

Jan 13, 2021, 5:20:47 PM1/13/21
to dcm4che
I still don't know what's the use case(s) you want/have to solve.
As mentioned above, for ensuring that each modality just see the work list items, which were scheduled for that device, you don't need to configure multiple MWL SCPs nor multiple HL7 Receivers. You can stay with the default configuration, and just ensure in your HL7 Order Message, that the field (e.g IPC:9 of HL7 v2.5.1 OMI^O23) which will get mapped to

Scheduled Procedure Step Sequence (0040,010)
> Scheduled Station AE Title (0040,0001)

of the created MWL item (= Scheduled Procedure Steps) match with the AE Title of the Modality.
s. HL7 Order to DICOM MWL Mapping