Running dcm4chee arc light on docker desktop - keep data after restart

chris bashall

Jan 24, 2019, 5:43:19 AM1/24/19
to dcm4che
Hi all

Ive been running the latest docker with the latest images of dcm4chee arc

Has anyone found a way to keep the imaging data once you restart docker (windows docker desktop?)

All the other containers can have volumes (which I activate via kitematic) and that saves most of the data but the postgres container cant which means when you restart docker (not the container) it loses all the imaging metadata and data?

Thanks,
Chris

Gunter Zeilinger

Jan 24, 2019, 5:53:06 AM1/24/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Anyway, as a last choice, you may install PostgreSQL natively on Windows and use docker containers for all other system components.

chris bashall

Jan 24, 2019, 6:01:53 AM1/24/19
to dcm4che
Thanks for the quick reply - ill have a read and attempt what they described

I had actually attempted to do what you describe , running postgres locally on the machine - the only change I made was passing another -e POSTGRES_HOST=localhost but I couldn't seem to connect.

I tried to connecting to another instance of postgress via wildfly (data source) but couldn't seem to connect with the psql driver (kept getting a connection error,

Have you been able to successfully do this? Am I missing some enviro variables?

Thanks for all you hard work on answering everyone's questions - its an excellent resource

Chris

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 11:43 AM chris bashall <christoph...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all

Ive been running the latest docker with the latest images of dcm4chee arc

Has anyone found a way to keep the imaging data once you restart docker (windows docker desktop?)

All the other containers can have volumes (which I activate via kitematic) and that saves most of the data but the postgres container cant which means when you restart docker (not the container) it loses all the imaging metadata and data?

Thanks,
Chris

Gunter Zeilinger

Jan 24, 2019, 7:25:15 AM1/24/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You have to specify the actual IP (or host name, if you ensure, that it is resolvable inside the archive container) by ENV POSTGRES_HOST on which postgres is actual running on creating the archive container. "localhost" refers the loop back address of the archive container, so it can't work.

chris bashall

Jan 24, 2019, 8:30:48 AM1/24/19
to dcm4che
Thanks for that, ill give it a go. I keep getting the connection not valid in wildfly - the psql driver should still work without a database attached (initially) to wildfly shouldn't it?

Are there any other docker images for other dbs?

Chris

gunterze

Jan 25, 2019, 4:15:50 AM1/25/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Verify if your Windows host where the DB is running is reachable from the docker vm and from inside the archive container - particularly Windows firewall may block TCP connections from other hosts by default configuration.

No there is no pre-build archive docker images for other DBs than postgreSQL provided - you may adjust Dockerfile and configuration/dcm4chee-arc.xml and build your own.