Problem retrieving a DICOM object via WADO using an XMLHttpRequest

Daniel Torres

May 12, 2015, 12:50:20 PM5/12/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I am trying to retrieve a DICOM object via WADO using an XMLHttpRequest, in Mozilla Firefox 31, but the retrieval is unsuccessful, I get the following error in the firefox developer console: "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://10.30.131.189:8080/wado?requestType=WADO&contentType=application/dicom&studyUID=1.2.840.113619.2.25.1.1762306543.872804962.192&seriesUID=1.2.840.113619.2.25.1.1762306543.872804962.230&objectUID=1.2.840.113619.2.25.1.1762306543.872804962.239. This can be fixed by moving the resource to the same domain or enabling CORS."

I am using:
- Dcm4chee 2.17.3
- PostgreSQL 9

I can download the DICOM object with no problems using the wado url.
Someone experienced the same problem?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Hafey

May 12, 2015, 9:23:08 PM5/12/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You need to enable CORS, google for info on this

Angelo Lustosa

May 21, 2015, 9:30:30 AM5/21/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel Torres,

you could solve?

Daniel Torres

May 21, 2015, 11:14:55 AM5/21/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I had some connection problems, my apologies for not replying sooner.
Hi Chris, thanks for replying, I googled a lot for the problem, all the solutions I found were related with code injection or using an intermediate servlet.
I am wondering if there is a simpler way to enable CORS without using the above methods. I was looking into your project of a javascript dicom parser and you said there that you access the dicom object in the server using an http request. Can you please tell me how do you enabled CORS for your project?

Chris Hafey

May 21, 2015, 6:14:21 PM5/21/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Your web server needs to return the following HTTP header in the response:

  1. Access-Control-Allow-Origin:
    *

Daniel Torres

May 22, 2015, 9:03:24 AM5/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
The response to the WADO request is given from the jboss server, right?
How can I add the HTTP header there?
Do I need to use code injection to manually add the header in the jboss server response?

Chris Hafey

May 22, 2015, 11:16:05 AM5/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I am not a user of dcm4chee and I don't know much about it or the technologies it uses.  I have only personally enabled CORS on IIS, Apache and a node.js based web server.

Daniel Torres

May 22, 2015, 11:27:01 AM5/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Torres

May 22, 2015, 11:43:00 AM5/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I understand. Thank you Chris.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Marvin A. Guerrero

Oct 7, 2016, 11:54:43 AM10/7/16
to dcm4che
I have the same problem
Any solution , please?

Thanks.

Chico Venancio

Oct 7, 2016, 3:52:41 PM10/7/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Maybe put a reverse proxy in front of Dcm4chee, and from there either serve both the toll and dcm4chee from the same proxy or enable CORS by the proxy.

Chico Venancio

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dcm4che" group.

Marvin A. Guerrero

Oct 7, 2016, 9:27:17 PM10/7/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks... I will try

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dcm4che.

Marvin Alfonso Guerrero Posso
Tecnologo en Informática
Universidad Autónoma de Occidente

La información contenida en este correo electrónico y en todos sus archivos anexos es confidencial y privilegiada,si por algún motivo recibe esta comunicación y usted no es el destinatario autorizado, sírvase borrarlo de inmediato, notificarle de su error a la persona que lo envió y abstenerse de divulgar su contenido y anexos, ya que esta información solo puede ser utilizada por la persona a quien está dirigida. Está prohibido cualquier uso inadecuado de esta información, así como la generación de copias de este mensaje.

Kailash Iyer

Oct 21, 2016, 6:49:40 AM10/21/16
to dcm4che
Any Update on the Same...