DICOM Waveform from raw data

Gabriel Otero Pérez

Aug 13, 2013, 8:59:36 AM8/13/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody!

I've just found this awesome toolkit.

I would like to ask if it's possible to build DICOM Waveform files from raw data, I mean for instance, let's say I've got ECG leads values and I want to create a DICOM Waveform file with them. Is it possible? I've been reading this documents http://www.dcm4che.org/docs/dcm4che2-apidocs/ and I'm not sure if it can be done or we can only read and write DICOM files to transfer them.

I found some data structures as ECGLeads but I don't know how they are merged into a DICOM file...
If so, is there any example showing how to populate a DicomObject?

In addition,I've only found this link with examples so I would like to know if there is any other
http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/d2/dcm4che2+DICOM+Toolkit

Thanks in advance and I hope I'm not bothering you with this beginner questions :)

Have a nice day!

Gabriel.

Gabriel Otero Pérez

Aug 19, 2013, 2:43:16 AM8/19/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Any comments please? :(

Michael Knapp

Aug 22, 2013, 8:34:57 PM8/22/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:59:36 PM UTC+2, Gabriel Otero Pérez wrote:
Hi everybody!

I've just found this awesome toolkit.

I would like to ask if it's possible to build DICOM Waveform files from raw data, I mean for instance, let's say I've got ECG leads values and I want to create a DICOM Waveform file with them. Is it possible? I've been reading this documents http://www.dcm4che.org/docs/dcm4che2-apidocs/ and I'm not sure if it can be done or we can only read and write DICOM files to transfer them.

I found some data structures as ECGLeads but I don't know how they are merged into a DICOM file...
If so, is there any example showing how to populate a DicomObject?

They are stored as a "Code Sequence"  (see DICOM Standard Part 3, Section 8)

Gabriel Otero Pérez

Aug 23, 2013, 2:46:02 AM8/23/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info.