DCM4CHEE Archieve RESTful Services support

Michael B

Dec 6, 2018, 3:42:44 PM12/6/18
to dcm4che
In the toolkit code for STOW, Content-Type: application/dicom is changed to application/dicom+xml. I was wondering if support for application/dicom existed in the Archieve or if only application/dicom+xml and application/dicom+json were supported. I have tried to use application/dicom and received 409: Conflict on response with the application/dicom+xml listed in the Http response.

vrinda...@j4care.com

Dec 7, 2018, 4:37:15 AM12/7/18
to dcm4che
If you are sending DICOM objects with the tool the Content-type is always application/dicom. If you want to send bulkdata, then it shall either be application/dicom+xml or application/dicom+json. So you may specify just xml or json using the -t option. See -t,--type option in the tool help

Michael B

Jan 10, 2019, 5:26:20 PM1/10/19
to dcm4che
So I am working on integrating STOW functionality into a java application that communicates with a DCM4CHEE Archive. I am not sure why my application is coming back with 409 and was curious if the archive supported application/dicom stow. I am sending the data back in the same format that it was received from the archive in application/dicom format. Any more ideas on why it would return 409?

Manjunath G

Jan 10, 2019, 5:30:31 PM1/10/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

409 - ConflictThis indicates that the STOW-RS Service request was formed correctly but the service was unable to store any instances due to a conflict in the request (e.g., unsupported SOP Class or Study Instance UID mismatch). This may also be used to indicate that a STOW-RS Service was unable to store any instances for a mixture of reasons. Additional information regarding the instance errors can be found in the XML response message body.
Check the additional information from the xml response body and also try changing the study instance UID before storing it back.

Warm Regards
Manjunath G

Michael B

Jan 17, 2019, 12:48:23 PM1/17/19
to dcm4che
So I examined the response and the only other statement of relevance I could find was that the input wasn't a DICOM stream. Any other thoughts?