Weasis portable version

Julie Stevens

Aug 16, 2017, 8:06:55 PM8/16/17
to dcm4che
Hi,

I am trying to export dicom images along with Weasis viewer. However to avoid users having to install Java JRE in order to have Weasis run, i was interested in setting up a portable version.
I read an old post on this forum, where someone mentioned that you need to copy certain java files in certain locations. Except this post looks to be outdated, it was 4 or 5 years old and the directory that they mentioned does not exist.

Can someone explain in simple terms, what i need to install, and which files i need to copy where?

The FAQ (posted below) mentions that Java Runtime Environment needs to be installed, but then it also says you can use Weasis as a portable version. So i am slightly confused.

Can Weasis be incorporated in DICOM CDs ?

Yes, the Weasis portable version can be copied in DICOM CD-ROMs or other removable media as a multi-platform stand-alone viewer with launchers for MacOSX, Linux and Windows. The viewer requires that a Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6 update 10 or greater) be installed on the machine to run. If Java is not installed on Windows, a dialog will propose to install it from the Internet.

The viewer loads automatically images from DICOMDIR or from directories configured in "weasis/conf/config.properties (weasis.portable.dicom.directory=dicom,DICOM,IMAGES,images).

To burn Weasis with dcm4chee see Write weasis-portable to DICOM CDs with dcm4chee-cdw.

Osirix allows to burn Weasis in CD-ROMs and the Osirix DiscPublishing plugin allows you to use a Primera DiscPublisher robot.

Regards,

Julie

Nicolas Roduit

Aug 18, 2017, 8:33:29 AM8/18/17
to dcm4che
I've updated the FAQ. However it doesn't change for your question.

The portable distribution doesn't embed Java Runtime by default. "portable" means you don't need to run an installer to launch the application but it requires Java on your system.

For embedding Java with Weasis (for Windows):

The executable (viewer-win32.exe) allows to embed a JRE in the relative directory "jre/windows" (e.g. weasis-portable/jre/windows/bin/java.exe). To support 32 and 64-bit architecture, copy a 32-bit Java Rutime from its installed directory.
Note: the embedded Java Runtime is used only when no runtime is available on the system. When Java is run from CD, it could be a little slow.

Mounir Boussetta

Apr 4, 2018, 4:10:17 AM4/4/18
to dcm4che
Hello, Thanks for your continuous support of weasis viewer.
I have a problem from the version 2.5.0 and above, Is that I cannot load all the images passed to the command $dicom:get -r http://HOST/img1.dcm http://HOST/img2.dcm ... http://HOST/imgN.dcm, only one image is loaded.
thanks for your help.

Nicolas Roduit

Apr 5, 2018, 1:52:15 AM4/5/18
to dcm4che
If you look at the documentation, the parameters must be added for each value.