Unknown FAIL invoking addAE remotly...

Daniel Alejandro Vistel Montoya

Jun 14, 2016, 12:09:00 PM6/14/16
to dcm4che
Hi to everyone:

I'm developing a component that allow to connect remotly to a dcm4chee server to do several especific task.

I have already do the implementation of echoes, listAEs, getAE, addAE, updateAET, removeAE... All sucessfully!!!

My problem is related to operation addAE. Each time I try to invoke an addAE operation from my code it fails and I don't understand why... If I use the JMX Console I can add without problem.

:-(

Please, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG???

Here is a code fragment where is done the addAE invocation:

ObjectName ObjName = new ObjectName( "dcm4chee.archive:service=AE" );
String[] sig = {"java.lang.String", "java.lang.String", "java.lang.Integer",
       "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String",
       "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String",
       "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String", "java.lang.String",
       "java.lang.boolean", "java.lang.boolean"};
Object[] opArgs = {AETitle, host, port, null, "", "", AEuserName, AEpassword, "",
      "", "Created by remote command", "", "", "", "", null, true};
rmiConnection.invoke(ObjName, "addAE", opArgs, sig);

Thanking you in advance!

Alvaro G. [andor]

Jun 14, 2016, 12:10:01 PM6/14/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
What's the error message for that?

Daniel Alejandro Vistel Montoya

Jun 14, 2016, 12:25:19 PM6/14/16
to dcm4che
Andor:

Thanks for the fast reply.

I RECEIVE AN EXCEPTION WITH TEXT "NULL"

Nothing more...

:-(

Alvaro G. [andor]

Jun 14, 2016, 12:42:47 PM6/14/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
On your software side or the PACS side?

Daniel Alejandro Vistel Montoya

Jun 14, 2016, 1:34:28 PM6/14/16
to dcm4che
Andor:

I receive the exception on my software side!

I am invoking a server command (addAE) through an RMI connection. I supposed the error take place no server side, causing NO ACTION and returning an exception that can not arrive to the software side with its description. I do just the same procedure to the others commands and they work perfectly.

Thanks

Alvaro G. [andor]

Jun 14, 2016, 1:36:10 PM6/14/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

And, is there any message on the server side? Check the logs, maybe you can find some clues...

Daniel Alejandro Vistel Montoya

Jun 14, 2016, 2:15:36 PM6/14/16
to dcm4che
Andor:

I don't get any result no server side.

I checked the log file and the standard out. To be sure I made a test calling another command (the same procedure) corresponding to delete an AE. The result to log system was:

2016-06-14 13:59:12,129 INFO  -> (RMI TCP Connection(10)-10.30.131.146) [org.dcm4chex.archive.mbean.AEService] Remove AE dicom://test2@localhost:11112

The referred AE, obviusly, was deleted. That's mean that the operation was Ok.

:-(

Daniel Alejandro Vistel Montoya

Jun 20, 2016, 9:26:07 AM6/20/16
to dcm4che
Hi everybody AGAIN:

I post this answer some days ago but I am not receive any answer that help to solve this problem. That's why I will reformulate my answer with the hope to someone could help me cause I am really needed.

The problem is: I CAN NOT INVOKE SUCESSFULLY THE addAE METHOD OF THE MBeanServer FROM JAVA CODE SOURCE
                         EACH TIME I DO I RETURN AN EXCEPTION WITH TEXT "NULL"
                         I CAN INVOKE SUCESSFULLY OTHERS METHODS FROM MBeanServer USING THE SAME PROCEDURE
My questions:
- IS THERE A BUG FROM dcm4chee-2.17.1-psql???
- AM I MISSING SOME DETAIL TO DO THAT???

Please, if you know something about this problem write an answer to me. You can get more details at the first posted message.

Thanks!

Daniel Alejandro Vistel Montoya

Jun 20, 2016, 10:49:47 AM6/20/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
FINALLY!!!

Problem solved.

There was an simple error: Integer -> int

:-)