WEASIS - Problems in Crossing Line References

alle alle

Feb 2, 2016, 7:19:10 AM2/2/16
to dcm4che
Good Morning,

I' ve problems with this and other exams in viewing crossline references: nothing appears.

I see that:

(0020,0032) Image Position (Patient)
(0020,0037) Image Orientation (Patient)
(0020,0052) Frame of Reference UID

are presents on DICOM headers.

I' ll try with several versions of Weasis without success.

With other DICOM viewers (commercial or not) I can see the references.

Why it happens? It' s an image problem or a Weasis problem?

Thanks in advance...

To download the exam/images:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78lg6087jtr4zuv/test%5Emr%20-%20666.zip?dl=0

Nicolas Roduit

Feb 2, 2016, 2:40:23 PM2/2/16
to dcm4che
This is because those images are upper the tolerance threshold defined in Weasis for validating the orthogonality of the direction of the row and the column vector.

In other words, according to the image orientation attribute the x and y direction of the image is not really orthogonal (the pixels are displayed in a rectangular grid). I guess it is related to the calibration of the device.

It is possible to display the cross-line references by increasing the tolerance threshold but the line position could be not consistent.

alle alle

Feb 3, 2016, 4:21:21 AM2/3/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Nicolas for the answer...

Eventually, where I could increasing this tolerance factor? in LocalizerPoster.java or ImageOrientation.java maybe?

Nicolas Roduit

Feb 5, 2016, 8:37:12 AM2/5/16
to dcm4che
I published a modification of the tolerance threshold: https://github.com/nroduit/Weasis/commit/ab7da1f23848723b3643a3ff327e6ab623d02bf9

So It will be available in the next release.