Use dcm4chee as Windows Service ? [Solved]

Ramón Retamar

Feb 14, 2018, 4:37:02 PM2/14/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
I install dcm4chee 2.18 in Windows Server 2012 x64, using mysql and 32 bits jdk.

The software work fine as application from run.bat, and then run the "install_service.bat". I view the server installed as "automatic" in Windows service list, but not know hot to start and run for use. Any idea ? I try replace javaservice.exe with amd64 version, but service don't start.

(I have another installations of dcm4chee running on LINUX).

Best regards, Ramon

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Feb 14, 2018, 6:25:49 PM2/14/18
to dcm4che
"Automatic" refers to the "start-up" type. It means that the service will start with the machine if you reboot it. That part is correct then.

What you need to look is the state (Estado), it should be "Running" or "Iniciado". If that's not the case, right click over the entry and select "Start" or "Iniciar".

If the state remains blank and it is not changed to "Running", then the service is failing to start. If it says Running you should be able to access dcm4chee via localhost:8080

Ramón Retamar

Feb 14, 2018, 7:21:32 PM2/14/18
to dcm4che

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Feb 14, 2018, 7:51:41 PM2/14/18
to dcm4che
Could you try installing a 64 bit JVM, changing your JAVA_HOME to the new one, removing the service (use install_service with uninstall) and trying again? Be sure to uninstall the service before you try with a different version.

It is my understanding that the JavaService architecture needs to match the installed Java one, so please try with 64 bits for both.

Also, please check if you have a file called out.txt or err.txt in your ../bin/ folder, it main contain more info.

More info about the JavaService software itself can be found  here: http://javaservice.ow2.org/index.html

Remember, if you are going to try with different versions of the JavaService exe file you need to uninstall the service first and install it again each time.

Ramón Retamar

Feb 14, 2018, 7:58:14 PM2/14/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Solved !!!! :)

The problem solved with add the %JAVA_HOME% directory to PATH system environment variable. Restart Windows and work !!!

Thanks !!!

Ramon