QIDO-SCP

harshitha

Mar 5, 2020, 12:15:44 AM3/5/20
to dcm4che
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to implement QIDO as an SCP?

Prakash Jayaraman

Mar 5, 2020, 1:10:23 AM3/5/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I guess your question is not clear. I hope you are aware that QIDO-RS is a query service to get the study, series and instance information over http instead of DICOM DIMSE C-FIND method.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 10:45 AM harshitha <mail2h...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to implement QIDO as an SCP?

harshitha

Mar 5, 2020, 1:26:34 AM3/5/20
to dcm4che
Yes...I implemented a service where it hits the Orthanc server to get the study, series and instance information .
Now, my question is , is there any way we implement a QIDO-SCP so that the QIDO-SCU can query our SCP in order to retrieve the information rather than hitting the server.

On Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 11:40:23 AM UTC+5:30, Prakash Jayaraman wrote:
I guess your question is not clear. I hope you are aware that QIDO-RS is a query service to get the study, series and instance information over http instead of DICOM DIMSE C-FIND method.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 10:45 AM harshitha <mail2h...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to implement QIDO as an SCP?

Prakash Jayaraman

Mar 5, 2020, 1:50:01 AM3/5/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
From my understanding, you want to implement a QIDO-SCP which will act as an intermittent to get the results from an DICOM C-Find SCP (Orthanc Server) and pass it as QIDO-RS response, right? That is absolutely possible.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dcm4che/94590e4b-da82-47dc-aec4-03128b700abe%40googlegroups.com.

harshitha

Mar 5, 2020, 1:57:53 AM3/5/20
to dcm4che
Yes thats a way we can make a QIDO-SCP.
But is there any way where the SCP acts as the actual server which provides the information rather than an intermittent.

Gunter Zeilinger

Mar 5, 2020, 7:44:54 AM3/5/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean a C-MOVE/C-GET SCP proxy in front of a QIDO-RS server?

Did not yet met such requirement and therefore did not spent time on implementing it.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Mar 6, 2020, 3:23:14 AM3/6/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Oops, mixed up QIDO-RS with WADO-RS. A DIMSE SCP proxy/gateway to QIDO would act as C-FIND SCP:

| C-FIND SCU | --C-FIND--> | C-FIND-SCP/QIDO-RS Client | --HTTP GET--> | QIDO-RS Server |

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Mar 6, 2020, 3:44:18 AM3/6/20
to dcm4che
So you want to write an archive with a QIDO-RS and/or DIMSE C-FIND SCP interface. like orthanc server or dcm4chee-arc. (dcm4che's dcmqrscp utility demonstrates also a C-FIND/C-MOVE SCP using a DICOMDIR as data backend)

harshitha

Mar 6, 2020, 3:56:37 AM3/6/20
to dcm4che
Yes I want to develop a service similar to orthanc server using DCM4CHE libraries. Is that possible?

Gunter Zeilinger

Mar 6, 2020, 6:05:52 AM3/6/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
See dcmqrscp for sample of DIMSE based Q/R services and dcm4chee-arc for full fledged archive supporting Q/R via DIMSE and REST.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.