Weasis Window Level Problem: Ultrasound images

zam

Oct 18, 2013, 8:17:44 AM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have recently installed the latest version of WEASIS on dcm4che,
without any kind of problem.

I have no problems in handling any kind of particular study except ultrasound studies.
I have no problems with any type of tool, except to change the window level on ultrasound images.

I tested with images of different types of devices: MINDRAY and GE and all ultrasound images I have worked with all the tools except the window level.

I tested with different types of operating systems (WIN, LINUX, OSX) and the problem persists.

Does anyone has had the same problem?
Do you know how to fix it?
Can be related to having installed Java version 7, on the PC where you download and run weasis?

Thanks in advance.

regards

ime

Oct 18, 2013, 9:22:26 AM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
the best would be if you can upload dicom images...

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2013, 9:55:37 AM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Is it color images? If it is the case, I removed the W/L on color because normally it doesn't make sense to apply W/L on color images.

zam

Oct 18, 2013, 10:34:35 AM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
True, usually associated with areas in color, but I'll upload some examples.
Where should I correct the W / L to affect color images?
dicomexamples.tar.gz

zam

Oct 18, 2013, 10:35:21 AM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Ok.

Some DCM examples
dicomexamples.tar.gz

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2013, 1:19:35 PM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
As I told you there is no really interest to apply W/L on color image (only 8-bit per channel). Let me know if you're not agree.

However, I think I will set back the W/L on color images because it is a bit confusing that nothing happens.

amir.salah

Oct 19, 2013, 3:43:12 PM10/19/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
you should apply brightness and contrast to colo images

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2013, 5:53:38 AM10/24/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
This change is related to DICOM standard C.11.2.1.2 Window center and window width :
"These Attributes shall be used only for Images with Photometric Interpretation (0028,0004) values of MONOCHROME1 and MONOCHROME2. They have no meaning for other Images."