Connect DCM4CHEE to an External PIX Manager

Ivo Pinheiro

Mar 20, 2014, 7:32:05 AM3/20/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hello everybody,

I hope you can help me with this question.

Is it possible to connect dcm4chee to an External PIX Manager?

If yes, is there any place where I can find the instructions to configure it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

fleetwoodfc

Mar 20, 2014, 8:05:15 AM3/20/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Ivo Pinheiro

Mar 20, 2014, 8:17:09 AM3/20/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your quick response.

I already have seen this page, but I haven't understood where I can configure the "External PIX Manager" <Application>^<Facility>, for instance the IP or PORT parameters?
Should this "External PIX Manager" be added to the Application Entities? If yes, where I configure the "Application" and "Facility" attributes?

Regards

David Davies

Mar 20, 2014, 8:24:26 AM3/20/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes you add to the Application Entities just as you would a DICOM AE - an HL7 AE Title is entered as Application^Facility (dicom is just Application)

David Davies

Essential Enterprise Solutions

Ivo Pinheiro

Mar 20, 2014, 2:43:29 PM3/20/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just another question: in which situations dcm4chee uses the External PIX Manager?

For instance: when I send a study to dcm4chee it verifies if the Patient ID is registered in the PIX server?

Regards

fleetwoodfc

Mar 21, 2014, 6:00:49 AM3/21/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
The IHE Integration Statement says dcm4chee supports the 'Patient Identifier Cross-referencing' profile as a 'Patient Identifier Cross-reference Consumer' actor.