ENCAP DOCS PDF report

jonatan

Jun 12, 2015, 3:15:08 AM6/12/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone.
I have an installation with dcm4chee17.2 in a server (PACS) and in a client I have installed cdw2.17.0 to burn CDs. It has worked fine for years sending to the CD BURNER only images.
Recently I’ve added to the system a DENSITOMETER that saves reports in PDF format in PACS and I would like to burn them into the CD with the rest of the images.
To do that I connect to the PACS (web3) as you can see in the next image and select the images(DICOM) and the report (PDF). Then I export them to the CDRECORD AET.

The problem is that it don’t burn the CD and the error it return in the log is the next one:
08:52:08,671 ERROR [MediaComposerService] buildFileset failed:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: type:ENCAP DOCS
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.DirRecordFactory.makeRecord(DirRecordFactory.java:123)
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.FilesetBuilder.addFile(FilesetBuilder.java:379)
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.FilesetBuilder.buildFileset(FilesetBuilder.java:255)
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.MediaComposerService.process(MediaComposerService.java:587)
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.MediaComposerService$1.onMessage(MediaComposerService.java:175)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClientConsumer.callOnMessage(ClientConsumer.java:229)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClientConsumer$ListenerRunner.run(ClientConsumer.java:1043)
        at org.jboss.messaging.util.OrderedExecutorFactory$ChildExecutor.run(OrderedExecutorFactory.java:120)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
08:52:08,696 ERROR [MediaComposerService] Failed to compose media for MCRQ[1.2.40.0.13.1.1.1.10.100.30.81.20150612085154821.32771]-Disk#1/1[DISK_3064/
1.2.40.0.13.1.1.1.10.100.30.81.20150612085154821.32772]@CDRecord
org.dcm4chex.cdw.common.MediaCreationException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: type:ENCAP DOCS
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.FilesetBuilder.buildFileset(FilesetBuilder.java:272)
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.MediaComposerService.process(MediaComposerService.java:587)
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.MediaComposerService$1.onMessage(MediaComposerService.java:175)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClientConsumer.callOnMessage(ClientConsumer.java:229)
        at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClientConsumer$ListenerRunner.run(ClientConsumer.java:1043)
        at org.jboss.messaging.util.OrderedExecutorFactory$ChildExecutor.run(OrderedExecutorFactory.java:120)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: type:ENCAP DOCS
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.DirRecordFactory.makeRecord(DirRecordFactory.java:123)
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.FilesetBuilder.addFile(FilesetBuilder.java:379)
        at org.dcm4chex.cdw.mbean.FilesetBuilder.buildFileset(FilesetBuilder.java:255)
        ... 8 more
Anyone knows how can i solve it?
Thanks in advance.

Jonatan

fleetwoodfc

Jun 12, 2015, 6:38:11 AM6/12/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, jonatan...@gmail.com
Try adding EncapsulatedPDFStorage to the AcceptedOtherSOPClasses on the CDW StoreSCP

jonatan

Jun 16, 2015, 6:48:27 AM6/16/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, jonatan...@gmail.com
Hello. I've tried adding what you say in the StoreSCP but it doesn't work.
Thanks

fleetwoodfc

Jun 16, 2015, 7:19:44 AM6/16/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, jonatan...@gmail.com
Yes looking at the error more closely I see it is saying it doesn't understand the type 'ENCAP DOCS'. In the dicomdir-records.xml file the type configured is 'ENCAP DOC' so maybe that is the issue.

jonatan

Jun 16, 2015, 8:28:14 AM6/16/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, jonatan...@gmail.com
Thank you fleetwood. I've tried it too changing ENCAP to ENCAPS in that file and doesn´t work. Maybe is something about java. I don't know. Thank you anyway

fleetwoodfc

Jun 16, 2015, 6:00:54 PM6/16/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, jonatan...@gmail.com
According to the code it should be ENCAP DOCS

jonatan

Jun 17, 2015, 4:44:12 AM6/17/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, jonatan...@gmail.com
I've  changed in dicomdir-records.xml ENCAP DOC to ENCAP DOCS and nothing.

Skaks

Sep 23, 2015, 3:17:52 AM9/23/15
to dcm4che, jonatan...@gmail.com
Hi,
i have the same problem, did you ever find any solution to this?
Thanks.

jonatan

Sep 23, 2015, 3:22:16 AM9/23/15
to dcm4che, jonatan...@gmail.com
Hello Skaks
I still have not managed to fix it.

Skaks

Sep 23, 2015, 3:35:54 AM9/23/15
to dcm4che, jonatan...@gmail.com
I think, but i'm not sure, that the problem is when the application try to create the DICOM DIR for the ENCAP DOC.
Searching on the forum and on the "Jira Issue Tracking" i didn't find nothing about this issue.

I also tried to use the DCM4CHEE toolkit to do the DICOM DIR and for the same file there are no errors.

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Mar 3, 2016, 11:36:48 PM3/3/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
In case somebody else has this problem, you can't fix it by editing any of the cdw configuration files.

"ENCAP DOCS" is wrong (see ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/final/sup104_ft.pdf) it should be ENCAP DOC, something, somewhere is putting the wrong value, (probably related to this http://www.dcm4che.org/jira/browse/DCMOLD-207)

You have to edit the source code of the org.dcm4cheri.media.DirWriterImpl class located in dcm4che.jar inside \server\default\lib and recompile it to accept ENCAP DOCS and change it to ENCAP DOC when the record is written to the DICOMDIR.

It is a very ugly hack but it works.