compiling dcm4chee 2.18.1

Sam Marfatia

Aug 14, 2015, 11:49:46 AM8/14/15
to dcm4che
Hello Everyone,

      I have been a user of DCM4CHE(E) for a while now. For something I am trying to explore, I need to build the 2.18.1. (I expect to make changes to the code.)

     I plan to use NetBeans for development. I have been playing for a few days, but unable to successfully make a build, despite spending hours and days and reading everything, well almost, I could find out there. It appears, from reading the group that, people who actually build from source seem to be a small number. May be more would like to build, but the complexity to get it to work seems to be prohibitive for some.

     Let me put out my questions,

     1. Can I build dcm4chee 2.18.1 with JDK 1.8? it doesn't have compression support that 1.6 did.

     2. Is it possible to build 2.18.1 with 1.6? I see that the build/update date of 2.18.1 is sometime in 2015..  I tried, and the compression related build errors that I was getting on 1.8 went away, but now I was getting other errors from modules that, they were built with the wrong version. (version 52, where expected version is 50. Something like that, which I think because I am trying everything, and I may have a mismatch when I was successful in building things back and for with 1.6 and 1.8)

     3. what is the relation between dcm4jboss-all module and other dcm4chee-arr, web, etc. can I just build dcm4jboss 2.18.1, if other are add on module which I can decide not to use if I don't want to and only get the core working..or dcm4jboss-all depends on the other dcm4chee-web, audit, etc. modules and must be installed/compiled with it..

    4. there are broken repository links, to codehaus.org, seems the repository no longer exists, and builds are failing? is there a documented fix that I haven't found about it?

    5. seems like building dcm4chee-web 3.1.0 is running into lot of trouble. has anyone tried it recently? I tried avoiding that module in the build, not sure if I need it to just get the core running, but the core build has dependency on it, so keeps calling it in.

    I am in New York City area. I someone is around to have a chat, I am open to the idea?

Thanks,
Sam

Jalal Sordo

Oct 27, 2015, 8:29:29 PM10/27/15
to dcm4che
same issue who answers here wil help two people.

Sam Marfatia

Oct 27, 2015, 9:14:54 PM10/27/15
to dcm4che
I have managed to successfully compile the project.

   Have had to make a number of changes and manually downloading lots of artifacts in the repository due to the fact that all references to codehaus repository fail.

  since the changes were many, and I don't remember them all, I can't list them here.

  But I can share the ".m2" folder if you want, and that will solve most of your problems. Other parts to be fixed will be in your XML files mostly, but that will be fixing errors as you compile things.

Good luck.
Sam

Mahmoud Orabi

Dec 24, 2015, 7:20:01 PM12/24/15
to dcm4che
hi sir ,
iam trying to compile it for a while but i lost at all that unclear instruction
so if you can guid me or at lest share that folder

thanks for your time and help

Mahmoud Orabi

Dec 29, 2015, 9:24:07 AM12/29/15
to dcm4che
dear sir,
it will be so greatful if you can send me your m2 folder
thanks for your time
yours,
M. Orabi

بتاريخ الأربعاء، 28 أكتوبر، 2015 3:14:54 ص UTC+2، كتب Sam Marfatia:

Michael Norval

Oct 22, 2020, 4:47:15 AM10/22/20
to dcm4che
Can someone please share their (1) source & (2)  .m2 folder. I am really struggling to compile dcm4chee-web 3.07

Michael Norval

Oct 22, 2020, 4:57:23 AM10/22/20
to dcm4che
* dcm4chee 2.18.1