Oviyam2 query and display image through URL

Eva Chan

Jun 18, 2021, 4:39:12 AM6/18/21
to dcm4che

Hi all,

I have installed Oviyam2.8.1 on Tomcat.
And my project is when clicking a link with patient ID and accession number, the image could be displayed through oviyam2.
When using patient ID in the URL to search on PACS, there is only one exam displayed, even the patient got more than one exam in PACS.
If adding accession number in the URL to specify which exam, the oviyam2 always showing the same exam even the accession number has changed.
I would like to ask
1) Is it possible to display all exams of the patients when just using patient ID in the URL?
2) Is it possible to use both patient ID and accession number in the URL to display the image? (No using studyUID)

Thank you.

Udara M Pathirage - උදාර පතිරගේ

Jun 18, 2021, 11:15:41 AM6/18/21
to dcm4che
Hi Chan,

I have tested, implemented your Option 2. But I practiced it in DCCHEE2.x.
I wrote steps over my blog spot and you may find some support out of that.

Thanks

>>Best Regards From
  Maj Udara Pathirage
       Master of IT, UCSC, Colombo |
BEng (Hons) SE, UK | BSc in ENCM, Kelaniya | Dip. IT, NIBM | MCS(SL) | MBCS CITP (UK)

   Certifications:
           * AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
           * AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
           * SNOMED CT Certification

    Hotlines: 0718110497 | 0776021042

Eva Chan

Jun 22, 2021, 9:43:28 AM6/22/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for your response.

Which steps in the blog could help search with ID and accession number URL?
HIS integration?
Thank you.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "dcm4che" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dcm4che/CAM%3D1mjVT6T-rw83cVjw6fX7vGqpqsAJ5OdMMS5x_MYsX8XkR3Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Angshuman Sarkar

Jul 15, 2021, 1:06:56 AM7/15/21
to dcm4che
We are facing the same issue with Oviyam2.8.1. (We are using C-GET). Did you find any resolution?

George Baloyi

Jul 15, 2021, 2:29:37 AM7/15/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, this question has been answered before. You must use the URL scheme below to call patients via UID :

Replae PatientUID with the UID of the study. You can also use patientID, or AccessionNumber parameters

Eva Chan

Jul 16, 2021, 6:00:20 AM7/16/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can't solve this problem. I think this need oviyam2 to improve in future version.
I have switched to weasis and weasis could search pacs via url using accession number as filter. You could try weasis.

Prakash Jayaraman

Jul 16, 2021, 7:28:04 AM7/16/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Try enabling pre-fetch other studies of the patient option in the preferences section.

image.png

Prakash Jayaraman

Jul 19, 2021, 7:57:11 AM7/19/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the accession number filter is not working and there is an issue in handling it. We will create a JIRA issue to resolve it in the next update.

Angshuman Sarkar

Jul 21, 2021, 6:27:55 AM7/21/21
to dcm4che
Thanks for the reply. Any ETA on the next update availability?
Does Oviyam or Dcm4chee provide any API to find out study ID relevant to patientId and accession number?

alternatively: We just upgraded to Oviyam2.8.1 - if 2.8.0 would work without sacrificing anything major, we are ok to downgrade.

Prakash Jayaraman

Jul 22, 2021, 3:27:26 AM7/22/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
OV-241 has been created to resolve the accession number filter issue. You can expect a fix shortly.

Does Oviyam or Dcm4chee provide any API to find out study ID relevant to patientId and accession number?

There is no api available for this. If you have knowledge in Java - EJB, you can use the dcm4chee ejb client to get the details from dcm4chee 2.x

alternatively: We just upgraded to Oviyam2.8.1 - if 2.8.0 would work without sacrificing anything major, we are ok to downgrade.

No. Accession number filter code has broken a long back and the previous versions are affected by that.

BTW, please share the URL format that you are trying to use for the direct study access. Let us check and correct if you are incorrectly using it.

Angshuman Sarkar

Jul 24, 2021, 11:06:54 AM7/24/21
to dcm4che
Hi, thanks for the information.
The URL is <server address>/oviyam2/viewer.html?patientID=[patient-id]&accessionNumber=[accession-number]

Prakash Jayaraman

Jul 26, 2021, 6:48:43 AM7/26/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 8:37 PM Angshuman Sarkar <ang...@thoughtworks.com> wrote:
Hi, thanks for the information.

Prakash Jayaraman

Jul 26, 2021, 6:53:11 AM7/26/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I've missed the serverName parameter. Correct the URL as below.

Angshuman Sarkar

Jul 27, 2021, 3:38:55 AM7/27/21
to dcm4che
Yes, but the above URL will show the list of all studies for the patient - which is not exactly what we want.
(Note this is useful and we display that already but in a different context)

We wanted to straight away land on the DICOM viewer directly identified by "patientID" and "accessionNumber".

Eva Chan

Jul 27, 2021, 11:22:26 PM7/27/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Angshuman,

Agree with you. Weasis could display the exact exam by accession number.

Prakash Jayaraman

Jul 28, 2021, 1:23:55 AM7/28/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes. It is a bug in Oviyam. OV-241 has been created to resolve this issue. Will update once a patch is ready on this.

Angshuman Sarkar

Jul 28, 2021, 8:50:49 AM7/28/21
to dcm4che
Thanks much. Any tentative ETA?
regards

Prakash Jayaraman

Aug 4, 2021, 2:33:06 AM8/4/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
A patched war file has been attached in OV-241 as an interim update before the next release. Try it and let us know how it works for you.

URL Syntax:

Angshuman Sarkar

Aug 5, 2021, 4:08:22 AM8/5/21
to dcm4che
Thanks a lot. Will try and revert back. Thanks again.
regards

Sofyan Afandi

Aug 5, 2021, 4:42:49 AM8/5/21
to dcm4che
Hi Prakash,

i updated war files but

but with this URL Syntax:

show another study but different accessionNumber in the same patientID

Regards,
Sofyan

Prakash Jayaraman

Aug 5, 2021, 4:51:39 AM8/5/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
http://Server_IP:Port/oviyam2/oviyam?patientID=xxxx&accessionNumber=yyyy&serverName=DCM4CHEE

Make sure you have replaced your servername in place of "DCM4CHEE" in the URL. Also check the log for any errors.

Angshuman Sarkar

Aug 6, 2021, 7:46:43 AM8/6/21
to dcm4che
Hi Prakash,
I am facing similar problem (my config has only 1 server definition, but I am passing serverName anyway).

Prakash Jayaraman

Aug 7, 2021, 11:41:26 AM8/7/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried the patched war file available for download from JIRA OV-241?

Angshuman Sarkar

Aug 9, 2021, 1:34:47 AM8/9/21
to dcm4che
Yes. Tried with the same war from the JIRA card.

Meer Asgar Hussain Bahawdeen

Aug 9, 2021, 1:53:43 AM8/9/21
to dcm4che

Angshuman Sarkar

Aug 18, 2021, 12:44:17 PM8/18/21
to dcm4che

Prakash Jayaraman

Aug 19, 2021, 12:54:17 AM8/19/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

What is the response for the accession number based query? Did you find any errors in the server log?

Sofyan Afandi

Aug 25, 2021, 4:36:35 AM8/25/21
to dcm4che
Hi Prakash,

when using Accession Number, oviyam still show of all of study exam. Thanks

Rgds,
Sofyan

Padmesh Kunwar

Aug 25, 2021, 4:52:08 AM8/25/21
to dcm4che
Hi Prakash,

Similar issue is currently being faced inside iOviyam2.1. None of the direct URL launch parameters (patientID, accessionNumber, studyUID and serverName) are working.

Should be worked upon at priority.

Regards,
Padmesh

Meer Asgar Hussain Bahawdeen

Aug 25, 2021, 6:55:56 AM8/25/21
to dcm4che
Please share the direct URL format (syntax) for which are you trying to launch the study.

Padmesh Kunwar

Aug 25, 2021, 8:14:36 AM8/25/21
to dcm4che

Angshuman Sarkar

Aug 30, 2021, 2:10:49 AM8/30/21
to dcm4che
I have uploaded the error log in this gist - https://gist.github.com/angshu/42b19a3ab06e758491bde11cf6a8f2fc

Sofyan Afandi

Sep 5, 2021, 2:01:28 PM9/5/21
to dcm4che
since no update here for url access use accession Number, so we need to get study UID from database with accession number parameter value
than pass it to url like : viewer.html?studyUID=<uidgetfromdb> :)

Meer Asgar Hussain Bahawdeen

Sep 6, 2021, 12:59:39 AM9/6/21
to dcm4che
Hi,

Have you tried the patched war file available for download from JIRA OV-241?

Please deploy the patched war file and try with URL
http://Server_IP:Port/oviyam2/oviyam?patientID=xxx&accessionNumber=xxx&serverName=xxx

Sofyan Afandi

Sep 6, 2021, 1:35:13 AM9/6/21
to dcm4che
yes.. just like i was reported before.
if patient have 3 study different, the latest study always show first and other study list per date using this query :
http://Server_IP:Port/oviyam2/oviyam?patientID=xxx&accessionNumber=xxx&serverName=xxx

frankly what we need is like the studyUID treatment, unfortunately our HIS doesn't recognize studyUID keep on PACS, just recognize accessionNumber or patientID or another patient demographic.

Meer Asgar Hussain Bahawdeen

Sep 6, 2021, 2:04:11 AM9/6/21
to dcm4che
Ok.  Is the Accession Number is same for all three studies?  If yes, have to use any other unique filter.

Sofyan Afandi

Sep 6, 2021, 2:19:08 AM9/6/21
to dcm4che
onpacs.JPG
this is on PACS

onoviyam.JPG
and this result from oviyam..
i request Thorax but the result is panoramic

Prakash Jayaraman

Sep 7, 2021, 4:44:23 AM9/7/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
This issue cannot be re-iterated in our local environment. Could you share the study for testing?

Sofyan Afandi

Sep 7, 2021, 5:05:57 AM9/7/21
to dcm4che
Hi Prakash,

i am glad to share but how to share the study with you? please inform on separate email

Prakash Jayaraman

Sep 7, 2021, 5:11:32 AM9/7/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You can share it with my email prakashj...@gmail.com.

Prakash Jayaraman

Sep 13, 2021, 5:37:36 AM9/13/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sofyan,

Thank you for sharing the test images. The issue has been identified and a patched war file will be updated in the https://dcm4che.atlassian.net/browse/OV-241 shortly.

Prakash Jayaraman

Sep 13, 2021, 9:04:03 AM9/13/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Issue has been resolved and the patched war is attached in OV-241. Test it and let us know how it works for you.

Angshuman Sarkar

Sep 16, 2021, 7:23:59 AM9/16/21
to dcm4che
I tested with attached war on the JIRA card, and unfortunately the issue remains

I have 3 different studies .. however, when I access using "accessionNumber" parameter, it just shows the first study

Using studyUID as parameter works fine.

Meer Asgar Hussain Bahawdeen

Sep 16, 2021, 7:37:11 AM9/16/21
to dcm4che

Prakash Jayaraman

Sep 16, 2021, 8:07:02 AM9/16/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
http://Server_IP:Port/oviyam2/oviyam?patientID=xxxx&accessionNumber=yyyy&serverName=DCM4CHEE is the required URL syntax for accessing the studies directly from an external application.

Angshuman Sarkar

Sep 16, 2021, 9:18:00 AM9/16/21
to dcm4che
https://server-addr/oviyam2/oviyam?patientID=XXXXX&accessionNumber=XXXXX&serverName=DCM4CHEE
works.

* The above URL in success cases seem to redirect to the

1. The above requires our older implementations to change existing deployments - thankfully the URL is configurable :)
2. For the new versions, I dont mind the approach.

* The above URL pattern, imho, does not behave appropriately for i) Accessions without any study yet  and ii) invalid accessions.
In the both the cases, they return an empty page and HTTP status code 200. Imho, this confuses the user without any sort of prompt or indication to the user on the result of the action or information.
Would it be appropriate to send out HTTP 404 status at least in such cases?

Let me know please
thanks and regards

Prakash Jayaraman

Sep 16, 2021, 9:23:38 AM9/16/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback. Let us see if we can redirect it to an error page if the matching accession number is not found.

Angshuman Sarkar

Sep 16, 2021, 10:52:27 AM9/16/21
to dcm4che
Actually, unlike what I thought, changing the URL will not help.
The oviyam2 is installed behind a proxy (apache), and the SSL connection terminates at Apache, and the route happens over HTTP, so Oviyam Tomcat sees it coming from just HTTP.
When oviyam sends back 302, the response comes back with http://server-addr, and the front end will throw error of not same origin policy :(

Udara M Pathirage - උදාර පතිරගේ

Sep 16, 2021, 11:07:37 AM9/16/21
to dcm4che
Hi

sometimes it may help you to OPEN a patient's history via URL. But I practiced with the older version of DCM4CHEE.

>>Best Regards From
  Maj Udara Pathirage
       Master of IT, UCSC, Colombo |
BEng (Hons) SE, UK | BSc in ENCM, Kelaniya | Dip. IT, NIBM | MCS(SL) | MBCS CITP (UK)

   Certifications:
           * AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
           * AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
           * SNOMED CT Certification

    Hotlines: 0718110497 | 0776021042

Angshuman Sarkar

Sep 17, 2021, 10:58:33 AM9/17/21
to dcm4che
Dear all, thanks for all the support. much appreciated. can I expect any minor release or patch this and when?

Angshuman Sarkar

Sep 25, 2021, 6:03:06 AM9/25/21
to dcm4che
@Prakash et al,