dcm4chee-arc-4.0.0.Alpha1 released

gunterze

Nov 27, 2012, 7:09:58 AM11/27/12
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Finally, I released the first Alpha of dcm4chee-arc-4.x at Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/files/dcm4chee-arc4/4.0.0.Alpha1/.

dcm4chee-arc-4.x  is a complete rewrite of DCM4CHEE Archive 2.x and is based on dcm4che-3.x, a new version of dcm4che's DICOM toolkit, and running in JBoss AS 7.

One major improvement to 2.x is the use of LDAP as central configuration, compliant to the DICOM Application Configuration Management Profile, specified in DICOM 2011, Part 15, Annex H.

This first Alpha version supports DICOM and HL7 Services required for compliance with IHE Radiology Workflow Integration Profiles:

for IHE Actor Image Manager/Archive, including the new

for these Profiles.

There are still major gaps compared to the functionallity of DCM4CHEE Archive 2.x:

  • no Web-interface
  • no WADO Service
  • no compression/decompression
  • no auto-routing
  • no auto-switch of storage filesystems
  • no HSM support
  • no import of HL7 ORM messages in DICOM Modality Worklist

In long term, 4.x will provide the functionality of 2.x, and there will be migration tools to upgrade existing installations of 2.x to 4.x.

Installation instruction: https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc/blob/master/INSTALL.md

Source: https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc

JIRA Issue Tracker: http://www.dcm4che.org/jira/browse/ARCH

Regards,

gunter

Alvaro G. [andor]

Nov 27, 2012, 8:07:39 AM11/27/12
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Nice!

I would really like to be involved in this. I'm no Java developer, but
a sysadmin, but I could test, loadtest, translate and try to package,
or, at least, improve the install scripts :D

El 27/11/12 13:09, gunterze escribi�:
> Finally, I released the first Alpha of dcm4chee-arc-4.x at
> Sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/files/dcm4chee-arc4/4.0.0.Alpha1/.
>
> dcm4chee-arc-4.x is a complete rewrite of DCM4CHEE Archive 2.x
> and is based on dcm4che-3.x, a new version of dcm4che's DICOM
> toolkit, and running in JBoss AS 7.
>
> One major improvement to 2.x is the use of LDAP as central
> configuration, compliant to the DICOM Application Configuration
> Management Profile, specified in DICOM 2011, Part 15, Annex H.
>
> This first Alpha version supports DICOM and HL7 Services required
> for compliance with IHE Radiology Workflow Integration Profiles:
>
> - Scheduled Workflow
> (SWF)<http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Scheduled_Workflow> -
> Patient Information Reconciliation
> (PIR)<http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Patient_Information_Reconciliation>

- - Imaging Object Change Management
(IOCM)<http://www.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/upload/IHE_RAD_Suppl_IOCM_Rev1-1_TI_2011-05-17.pdf>

> for IHE Actor Image Manager/Archive, including the new
>
> - Multiple Identity Resolution
> Option<http://www.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/upload/IHE_RAD_Suppl_MIMA.pdf>
>
> for these Profiles.
>
> There are still major gaps compared to the functionallity of
> DCM4CHEE Archive 2.x:
>
> - no Web-interface - no WADO Service - no
> compression/decompression - no auto-routing - no auto-switch of
> storage filesystems - no HSM support - no import of HL7 ORM
> messages in DICOM Modality Worklist
>
> In long term, 4.x will provide the functionality of 2.x, and there
> will be migration tools to upgrade existing installations of 2.x to
> 4.x.
>
> Installation instruction:
> https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc/blob/master/INSTALL.md
>
> Source: https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc
>
> JIRA Issue Tracker: http://www.dcm4che.org/jira/browse/ARCH
>
> Regards,
>
> gunter

Arnold Maderthaner

Nov 27, 2012, 8:55:24 AM11/27/12
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gunter !

I couldn't find the source where you handle IOCM. Can you point me to the right direction ?

yours

Arnold

Jamie Henning

Nov 27, 2012, 10:37:27 PM11/27/12
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Good job! Can't wait to try it out!

gunterze

Nov 28, 2012, 3:00:04 AM11/28/12
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:55:24 PM UTC+1, Arnold Maderthaner wrote:
Hi Gunter !

I couldn't find the source where you handle IOCM. Can you point me to the right direction ?

private void processRejectionNote(Attributes data, Availability rejection)
            throws DicomServiceException { .. }
in StoreService.java updates the Availability of rejected instances.

public Attributes createIANforRejectionNote(Attributes rejectionNote) {..}
and
public List<Attributes> createIANsforIncorrectModalityWorklistEntry(Attributes rejectionNote) {..}
in IANQueryService.java assembles the IAN(s) triggered by the the Rejection Note.

ArchiveApplicationEntity.showRejectedInstances (LDAP attribute: dcmShowRejectedInstances) controls,
if an AE shows or hides instances rejected for Quality Reasons.

Arnold Maderthaner

Nov 28, 2012, 7:52:56 AM11/28/12
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks will have a look at that.

yours

Arnold

Damien Evans

Nov 30, 2012, 1:30:21 AM11/30/12
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Gunter,

I was wondering if you would mind if I picked one of the areas of functionality to work on.  My expertise would be put to good use either in the storage or auto-routing areas.  Do you have a preference where I focus my energies?

 -- Damien