q/r with dcmqr for PatientName with umlaut

Dcm4che-Fan

Feb 27, 2015, 9:34:47 AM2/27/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I have problems querying dcm4chee (running on linux machine) using dcmqr (2.0.28) with matchingkey PatientName containing umlaut.
When I start dcmqr with -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, I get the correct results for the query.

Now when querying a dcm4chee running on windows machine, dcmqr must not be started with UTF-8 to query for PatientName with umlaut.

This all seems strange to me. May somebody provide some information about this behaviour?

How can I query dcm4chee using dcmqr without knowing if dcm4chee runs on windows or linux?