PatientMatching by demographics and Patient ID

Björn Albers

Dec 2, 2013, 12:18:48 PM12/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

we intentionally have many individuals with two patient records within our dcm4chee (v.2.17.1): one record with a "normal" patient ID and one with a patient ID from our mammography screening software (both have to coexist in our workflow).

Occasionally new studies get assigned to the wrong patient, maybe due to the default setting in StoreScp#PatientMatching:

pid,issuer?,[familyname,givenname,middlename?,birthdate]

I've tested a custom setting but new studies still get assigned to the wrong patient although it should now consider both the patient ID and demographics for assignment:

pid,issuer?,familyname,givenname,middlename?,birthdate

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,
Björn

PS: Moving those miss-assigned studies to the right patient also does not work.

Björn Albers

Dec 2, 2013, 12:20:07 PM12/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
From the MBean documentation:

Without surrounding brackets('[]'), the specified demograhic-match will be considered even if the Patient ID is qualified by an Issuer/Authority in the received DICOM Composite Object and there is an existing Patient Record with such Patient ID and Issuer/Authority: If the Patient Record does not also match in the specified demographic attributes, it will not be selected, but Patient ID and Issuer/Authority in the received DICOM Composite Object will be replace by a new Patient ID generated according configured GeneratePatientID and by configured IssuerOfGeneratedPatientID. If StoreOriginalPatientIDInOtherPatientIDsSequence = true, the original Patient ID and Issuer of Patient ID in the received DICOM Composite Object will be stored in an item of the Other Patient IDs Sequence.

Björn Albers

Dec 3, 2013, 6:32:37 AM12/3/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

On Monday, December 2, 2013 6:18:48 PM UTC+1, Björn Albers wrote:

I've tested a custom setting but new studies still get assigned to the wrong patient although it should now consider both the patient ID and demographics for assignment:

This is how I tested it:

- Delete a study on wrong assigned patient from dcm4chee-web3 interface (trash bin cleared afterwards)
- Update PatientMatching setting by JMX console (also tested with restart afterwards)
- Upload previously deleted study from OsiriX
- Check is the study was now attached to the right patient (unfortunately not)

I wonder if my setting or test was wrong?

Björn

fleetwoodfc

Dec 3, 2013, 7:23:41 AM12/3/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Would be helpful if you provided a sample of patient demographics that are not matching as expected.

Björn Albers

Dec 3, 2013, 10:33:22 AM12/3/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
This is strange: the problem appears only in dcm4chee's web-interface. dicom behaves as expected. I'll create a new post since PatientMatching obviously works fine.