How to compress dicom file(s) in dcm4che2?

Ivan

Jan 20, 2015, 4:58:26 AM1/20/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

I need to compress dicom files before I can send them.
I have been looking at dcm2dcm in dcm4che2 toolkit, but I can't see what option should I use for compression.
I have seen that in dcm4che3 there is '--jpll' option for dcm2dcm tool that indicates compression. But there is no such options in dcm4che2 toolkit.
I have tried to replace my dcm4che2 libraries with dcm4che3 libraries, so I can use new dcm2dcm, but my code came out with many errors (many objects, including DicomObject coluld not been found in dcm4che3 libraries).

What is the best way to do that compression?

Thank you in advance