download study icon not available to user

nutun

Jan 7, 2020, 1:31:26 AM1/7/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

I have deployed dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.20.0-secure (dockerized). I want to allow user to download study from study list but the download icon is not shown.

I have configured through Configuration -> Devices -> dcm4chee-arc -> Edit Extension -> Child Objects -> UI Configuration -> default -> Permission ->  UI Action (actions-studies-study) and added user role in Accepted User Role and saved the settings but download study icon not appeared.

I have set the Permission to Open Viewer and Export Study which is applied successfully.

Screenshots of configurations and study list are attached.

Need guideline on this.
download study icon not available.JPG
download study permission.JPG

Sheki Esadi

Jan 7, 2020, 5:39:21 AM1/7/20
to dcm4che

Hi,

it seams that the default permission config is wrong, I opened an issue.  In the UI Action is the wrong element selected. It should be `action-studies-download` instead selected.

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

Sheki Esadi

Jan 7, 2020, 6:19:55 AM1/7/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
just fixed the issue, the changes should be available with the next version (20.1)

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

nutun

Jan 7, 2020, 6:22:14 AM1/7/20
to dcm4che
Thank you Sheki Esadi.

nutun

Jan 29, 2020, 5:32:50 AM1/29/20
to dcm4che
Hello Sheki Esadi

Hope you are doing well.

I have installed dcm4chee-arc-psql-5.21.0-secure (dockerized). Images archiving and viewing is fine. I have created a user (name=pacs1 , role=user) and allowed that user to download studies which is implemented successfully. This user can also view images (configured through Configuration -> Devices -> dcm4chee-arc -> Edit Extension -> Child Objects -> UI Configuration -> default -> Permission -> Action - Studies - Open Viewer)

I have configured two AE titles i.e DCM4CHEE and DCM1 (clone of DCM4CHEE).
I have two Web Applications i.e DCM4CHEE and DCM1.

I have two users other than Admin;
1. User Name = pacs1 & Role = user
2. User Name = pacs2 & Role = pacs (new role created)

Now I realized some other issues which are mentioned below:

1. I have configured  AET drop-down list and allowed the role=user to view only DCM1 AET but this user can view DCM4CHEE and DCM1 both AET in drop down list.
i.e Configuration -> Devices -> dcm4chee-arc -> Edit Extension -> Child Objects -> UI Configuration -> default -> AET drop-down list

2. I have configured  Web App drop-down list and allowed the role=user and user=pacs1 to view only DCM1 Web App but this user can view DCM4CHEE and DCM1 both Web Applictions.
i.e Configuration -> Devices -> dcm4chee-arc -> Edit Extension -> Child Objects -> UI Configuration -> default -> Web App drop-down list

3. I have allowed role=pacs (pacs2 user) to view study page through Configuration -> Devices -> dcm4chee-arc -> Edit Extension -> Child Objects -> UI Configuration -> default -> Permission ->  UI Permission Name Menu - Studies and UI Action = menu-study (screenshot attached) but when I login with user pacs, system shows Forbidden error.

Need guideline in this regard.
study-ui.JPG

Shefki Esadi

Jan 29, 2020, 6:19:09 AM1/29/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hallo,

first of all it is problematic to use the role "user" (only or besides other roles) if you want to restrict something (The role "user" is used to distinguish between other users and UI users in KeyCloak, so all users must have the role "user" per default (beside your defined role i.e for example the user with the role "admin" (or some other role) have also the role "user" ))
so use the role "user" in the UI config only if you want that every user should have the right to access that config!

3. I have allowed role=pacs (pacs2 user) to view study page through Configuration -> Devices -> dcm4chee-arc -> Edit Extension -> Child Objects -> UI Configuration -> default -> Permission ->  UI Permission Name Menu - Studies and UI Action = menu-study (screenshot attached) but when I login with user pacs, system shows Forbidden error.
Where do you get Forbidden? "Menu - studies" is only for showing hiding the Menu button "Navigation", for accessing/seeing the tabs in the menu Navigation you have to configure/change also the configurations for those tabs: "Tab - Study - Study", "Tab - Study - Patient", "Tab - Study - Mwl" and "Tab - Study - Diff".

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

nutun

Jan 29, 2020, 8:04:02 AM1/29/20
to dcm4che
Hello,

Thank you Shefki Esadi for yor reply. It solved my problem which was point no 3.

Noe I am waiting for answer of point number 1 and 2.
Message has been deleted

Shefki Esadi

Jan 29, 2020, 8:26:32 AM1/29/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

the first part of my response should have solved both of your first points ( you have used "user" as role that's why every one sees that config, or did I misunderstood your questions?)

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

nutun

Jan 29, 2020, 9:07:59 AM1/29/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

Thank you Shefki Esadi for your quick reply. Let me re ask my questions and try to make it easy.

I have two users, one is admin and other is pacs.
I have Web Applications i.e DCM4CHEE, DCM1 and DCM2.

Now I want the user admin can see all Web Applications in "Web App Service" drop down menu which is at Navigation page. And the user pacs can only see DCM1 Web Application in "Web App Service" drop down menu which is at Navigation page.

My aim is to restrict pacs user to view and query only from DCM1 Web Application (or from any web application which I want).

Note: user pacs mapped with two roles, i.e 'user' and 'pacs'.

I am attaching screenshots for better understanding.
user-role.JPG
WebApp-01.JPG

Shefki Esadi

Jan 29, 2020, 10:32:58 AM1/29/20
to dcm4che
Hi,
ok now it's clear. the Web App drop-down list config in UI config (That I'm currently implementing) will work only on the pro version of the UI ( https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/issues/2403).
On the Open source version you can only assign the roles to each WebApplication as property (https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/issues/2339, https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/issues/2401) (dcm4chee-arc -> Device Extension->Web Applications) (See image)

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

nutun

Jan 29, 2020, 11:14:46 PM1/29/20
to dcm4che
Okay fine.

Now let me ask the difference between AET drop-down list and Web App drop-down list. As in one of a previous version of dcm4chee I have used AET drop-down list which was working exactly what I need. How It will work in this version?

Shefki Esadi

Jan 30, 2020, 4:53:05 AM1/30/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

we are about to move away from AET drop-downs so AET drop-down list is deprecated and will be removed in the future.

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi