HL7snd port

mi...@witsmd.com

Mar 25, 2019, 3:31:34 PM3/25/19
to dcm4che
Is there a way to set the sending port of the dcm4che hl7snd ? Or is there a known default that it will use? I don't think either is the case since it's socket based and hence I think it will bind to an available TCP port at runtime. If so, is there a specific range I can count on?
The hl7snd command will allow the listener addr/port to be set with the -c, and there is a -b to bind the connecting addr, but not a connecting port.

Can someone please clarify?

Prakash Jayaraman

Mar 26, 2019, 1:15:20 AM3/26/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Is there any specific reason you want to set the local port for sending?

Gunter Zeilinger

Mar 26, 2019, 3:53:38 AM3/26/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Specifying the client port to bind is not supported. It always use an ephemeral port selected by the OS.

mi...@witsmd.com

Mar 26, 2019, 6:03:55 PM3/26/19
to dcm4che
Thanks for the clarifications !