How to change dicom file storage from default archive path to fileserver in dcm4chee

Kamlesh Bhure

Mar 10, 2014, 10:49:29 AM3/10/14
Hi All,

I want to configure PACS server i.e. dcm4chee in such way that archive directory I want to keep into different fileserver. So that I can reduce I/O overhead (if any) on PACS server where jboss is running.

If this is possible I want to keep this file server different for different clients.

I want to do this to make dicom files to be with clients only and this will reduce I/O overhead of read write of dicom files.

Thanks
Kamlesh

Suresh Viswanathan

Mar 10, 2014, 11:28:21 AM3/10/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
It’s possible if you use a NAS or mount the shares of any other server onto the dcm4chee server. However all data will first come the the dcm4chee server before being pushed to storage do your I/O will be doubled. Make sure you’ve taken this into consideration.

Suresh.

Message has been deleted