dcm4chee-xds Installation Documentation

Pascal Brandt

Jun 30, 2015, 7:27:14 AM6/30/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I realise this questions has been asked reasonably recently, but are there any up-to-date installation instructions for dcm4chee-xds? The current install guide references binaries that don't appear to exist.

For some context, we are building an open source shared health record and we'd love to be able to use dcm4chee-xds as our XDS registry (we have a repository implementation).

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pascal

Ryan Crichton

Jul 15, 2015, 9:42:13 AM7/15/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I work with Pascal on the shared health record project. I just wanted to ping this thread again to see if anyone could help us.

We are trying to setup an XDS registry for our repository implementation however we are struggling without recent installation documentation. If you have any tips for us to set us down the right path that would be great, otherwise, please let us know if the installation instructions that Pascal linked to are mostly correct for the current version.

Also, we are planning to just run the xds-registry without the repository is this possible with dcm3chee-xds?

Our end goal is to have an XDS registry with on-demand document support (we are happy to contribute the ODD bit back if we can figure out how to get started with dcm4chee-xds). Please let us know if you have any guidance for us.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Crichton

Jul 15, 2015, 10:13:56 AM7/15/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
For more of a concrete example of where we are stuck, here is where I am at the moment:
  • I've checked out dcm4chee-xds v2.0.2 as those are what the instructions are for.
  • I tried to build using 'mvn clean install -Ddb=mysql' but got test failures so I added '-DskipTests' and got a successful build.
  • I unzipped dcm4chee-xds/dcm4chee-xds2-dist/target/dcm4chee-xds2-2.0.2-mysql.zip as I guessed this would equate to the binary from sourceforge.
  • Now, I'm stuck trying to find $DCM4CHEE_XDS2/sql/create-table-mysql.ddl, $DCM4CHEE_XDS2/sql/create-index.ddl and the various .ldif files. They don't seen to be anywhere in the distribution or in the repository. Any idea where I can find these?
Cheers,
Ryan

Anuj Aneja

Nov 5, 2015, 6:56:54 AM11/5/15
to dcm4che
Hi Ryan,

We are trying to implement the dcm4chee as xds repository which will post the DICOMs metadata to a XDS.i registry, but we didn't find any documentation/guide. If you can send me any useful document/link for the installation of dcm4chee-xds as repository that would be great help.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Regards,

Anuj Aneja