dcm4chee-cdw help

Dr Lawrence Fox

Apr 18, 2014, 10:45:08 PM4/18/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I had dcm4chee-cdw working fine on Windows XP, but had to convert to Windows 8 Professional x64
I installed JDK 64-bit and set the path and JAVA_HOME properly.
I opened a windows command terminal as administrator and did the following:
I downloaded and unzipped dcm4chee-cdw 2.17 and JBoss 4.2.3GA into subdirectories under C:\xray_cdwriter\
I ran the install.bat with the JBoss directory as my target and then executed the run.bat command; dcm4chee-cdw seemed to start without problems
I then ran the install_service server command and rebooted.
I see the service in the list of installed services, and it is listed as "automatic", but it is not running. If I try to start it, the process fails.
What do I need to do to get the service running? Do I need 32-bit Java? Should I not have installed as admin? Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Larry

fleetwoodfc

Apr 21, 2014, 9:15:54 AM4/21/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Does the Windows Event Log provide any clues?

Dr Lawrence Fox

Apr 25, 2014, 11:04:53 AM4/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Dave. The Windows Event Log showed me that I needed to run the 32-bit Java, and I was running 64-bit.
Sooo...after downloading and installing JDK 7 and CDTools and fixing PATH and JAVA_HOME and fixing the dcm4chee-cdw service so that it can interface with the local user, it is up and running. I can DCM echo it from my dcm4chee server, and seemingly send files to it. I have the CD.Record.Service properly set to cdrecord, 0,0,0 and D:
However, it doesn't actually burn CDs. When I try to invoke "eject ()" through jmx-console, the tray doesn't eject. The command cdrecord -eject works perfectly. In jmx-console, the title appears as EGAH-Pharmacy (0.0.0.0) - default although the proper ip is displayed in jboss.web>name=HttpRequest1,type=RequestProcessor,worker=http-0.0.0.0-8080

Next step(s)?

Thanks, Larry