Gene Symbol in different Genome builds matching with SNP array data

Tamil Azhagan

Nov 1, 2011, 2:18:50 AM11/1/11
to dchip-s...@googlegroups.com
Dears,

          I am working with 500K SNP array analysis in dChip. Upon analysis of the data, I am matching the SNP ID  with the chromosome, position and gene symbol. When I was trying with NCBI 35(hg17) and NCBI 36 (hg18) genome builds, I did find a difference in gene symbol and phsical position between those two. I need  suggestions from you, what are the reasons for this change? and which build should I follow?

I expect your kind suggestions. Please share with me...

--
Tamilazhagan
Graduate student

Cheng Li

Nov 1, 2011, 12:14:41 PM11/1/11
to dchip-s...@googlegroups.com
Tamil,

Can you give specific steps and examples that lead to the difference? e.g. which files or websites you used to go from SNP to gene symbols.

Cheng

--
This message is from the dChip Software user group.
-- If you ask dChip questions, please include dChip output messages, generated files, or screenshots to help rapid debugging.