truncate to 1 before log2 transform while loading data?

Xin Lu

Aug 14, 2012, 1:37:36 PM8/14/12
to dchip-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cheng

I'm using dChip to analyze a data set, while loading external data, I checked the option of log 2 transformation.  Seems dChip did a truncation of the values to 1 before taking log, as all the values between 0 and 1 now become 0.  Actually most of the values in my dataset are between 0 and 1, is there a place that I can tell the software to not truncating the low values or truncate to a lower value, say 0.001?

Thanks

Cheng Li

Aug 14, 2012, 3:12:20 PM8/14/12
to dchip-s...@googlegroups.com
Xin,

The option is for raw expression values and therefore not application to values < 1. You may transform the data in R or Excel before importing into dChip.

Cheng
http://www.ChengLiLab.org/

--
This message is from the dChip Software user group.
-- If you ask dChip questions, please include dChip output messages, generated files, or screenshots to help rapid debugging.