displaying gene symbols not gene names in heatmaps

AP

Dec 5, 2011, 1:58:55 PM12/5/11
to dChip Software
Hi,

I am using DChip for analyzing MOE430.2 arrays. Everything works as
described and I am generating heatmaps after SD filtering and fold-
change comparison. Finally I would want to display the heatmap with
gene symbols instead of gene names to save space while making
figures. How do I do that? Any help would be appreciated or else I
will have to hand edit all the names to symbols and that would take
ages.

Best regards.

Jai Prakash Mehta

Dec 6, 2011, 11:24:14 AM12/6/11
to dchip-s...@googlegroups.com
In the Array gene info .xls file change the gene description to gene
symbol. Its the 4 th column of the file that dCHIP displays. Then in
all analysis you will get the gene symbol.

Jai

--
UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular
& Biomedical Research,

AP

Dec 6, 2011, 2:14:16 PM12/6/11
to dChip Software
Thanks, will try this trick. It will really save a lot of manual
editing I was planning on doing.
Cheers,

On Dec 6, 11:24 am, Jai Prakash Mehta <expressionmat...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> E.Mail: expressionmat...@gmail.com, jai.me...@ucd.ie

AP

Dec 6, 2011, 4:41:13 PM12/6/11
to dChip Software
OK it worked!...I uploaded the modified .xls file for others if they
find it useful too at http://www.mediafire.com/?1l7qbc21sld0rd5.
Best.