sigrid.rouam

Oct 31, 2011, 10:32:40 PM10/31/11
to dChip Software, rou...@gis.a-star.edu.sg
Hello,

i am writing to inquire about some error messages that I obtain when
trying to load .CEL files from SNP6.0 Affymetrix array into the dChip
console.
My files are not recognized, but I could not figure why.
I would like to perform a paired LOH analysis using dChip.

Thank you for your help.

Here are the messages:

{Open group dChip
Treat this array type as 'SNP 6.0'
Converting CDF file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents
\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\dChip_Annotations
\GenomeWideSNP_6.Full.cdf' into dChip binary format for faster
access...
Not a CDF file or not in text format
Reading binary CDF file...
Array has 2572 rows and 2680 columns
Unit 1881000
Saving C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents\PostDoc
\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\dChip_Annotations
\GenomeWideSNP_6.Full.cdf.bin ...

Search and extract 'CEL' probe data files of chip type
'GenomeWideSNP_6' in 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents
\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098'...

Found 1: C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents\PostDoc
\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098\0800098N.CEL
Reading CEL file...
Not a text format CEL file, use binary reading
Row 2560
'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data
\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098\0800098N.CEL' does not seem to
be a Affymetrix SNP call file (last read line: '')
Set rest genotypes to No Call; can use 'Analysis/Get external
data' to read a SNP call file and save to DCP file after 'Open group'
Found 2: C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents\PostDoc
\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098\0800098T.CEL
Reading CEL file...
Not a text format CEL file, use binary reading
Row 2560
'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data
\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098\0800098T.CEL' does not seem to
be a Affymetrix SNP call file (last read line: '')
Set rest genotypes to No Call; can use 'Analysis/Get external
data' to read a SNP call file and save to DCP file after 'Open group'

Calculating background...

Writing array summary file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My
Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\LOH dChip
\dChip_array_summary.xls'
Group "dChip" contains 2 arrays

Reading array list file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My
Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\LOH dChip
\dChip_array_list.txt' failed; put it in the working directory

Treat all the 2 arrays as 2 samples and 2 sample groups

Reading SNP information file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My
Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples
\dChip_Annotations\snp6_cn_genome_info_na30_hg18.txt'...
This is not a SNP information file or not saved in tab-delimited
text format; Specify genome info file at 'Analysis/Chromosome' and
specify SNP info file at 'Open group/Other information'
Header line: Probe Set ID Chromosome Chromosome
Start Chromosome Stop Strand
Finished in 00 hours 01 minutes 28 seconds}

Best Regards,

Sigrid Rouam, PhD
Post-doctoral fellow
Computational and Mathematical Biology
Genome Institute of Singapore
+65 6808 8195

Cheng Li

Nov 1, 2011, 12:18:11 PM11/1/11
to dchip-s...@googlegroups.com, rou...@gis.a-star.edu.sg
Sigrid,

Try this:
Specify genome info file at 'Analysis/Chromosome', not at 'Open group/Other information'.

   'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data
\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098\0800098N.CEL' does not seem to
be a Affymetrix SNP call file (last read line: '')

Try to specify .txt extension for genotype call files at "Open group".

Cheng

--
This message is from the dChip Software user group.
-- If you ask dChip questions, please include dChip output messages, generated files, or screenshots to help rapid debugging.

sigrid.rouam

Nov 2, 2011, 2:37:15 AM11/2/11
to dChip Software
Hi Cheng,

Thank you for your reply.
I tried to add the .txt suffix but I got a new error message (see
below). Can I load .CEL files directly or do I need to format them?

Thank you for your help.

Sigrid

{Open group dChip
Treat this array type as 'SNP 6.0'
Reading in existing binary CDF file C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl
\My Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples
\dChip_Annotations\GenomeWideSNP_6.Full.cdf.bin (file format 4)...

Search and extract 'CEL' probe data files of chip type
'GenomeWideSNP_6' in 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents
\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098'...

Found 1: C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents\PostDoc
\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098\0800098N.CEL
Reading CEL file...
Not a text format CEL file, use binary reading
Row 2560
Affymetrix SNP call file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My
Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples
\0800098\0800098N.txt' not found; you may set call file suffix at
'Open group', such as '.txt'
Set rest genotypes to No Call; can use 'Analysis/Get external
data' to read a SNP call file and save to DCP file after 'Open group'
Found 2: C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My Documents\PostDoc
\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples\0800098\0800098T.CEL
Reading CEL file...
Not a text format CEL file, use binary reading
Row 2560
Affymetrix SNP call file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My
Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\Paired 4 samples
\0800098\0800098T.txt' not found; you may set call file suffix at
'Open group', such as '.txt'
Set rest genotypes to No Call; can use 'Analysis/Get external
data' to read a SNP call file and save to DCP file after 'Open group'

Calculating background...

Writing array summary file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My
Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\LOH dChip
\dChip_array_summary.xls'
Group "dChip" contains 2 arrays

Reading array list file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rouamsl\My
Documents\PostDoc\Ovaire\Data\Data GIS\SNP\LOH dChip
\dChip_array_list.txt' failed; put it in the working directory

Treat all the 2 arrays as 2 samples and 2 sample groups

Finished in 00 hours 00 minutes 56 seconds}