New gene information file does not work!(MOE403A)

Hae-Won Chung

Jul 24, 2012, 10:21:08 AM7/24/12
to dchip-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm newbie user. I tried to analyze some microarray data but dChip couldn't load updated gene information file. Only the old version that I downloaded from dChip site(http://biosun1.harvard.edu/complab/dchip/MOE430A_gene_info.zip) worked

The new version of annotation file that I downloaded is here(http://www.affymetrix.com/Auth/analysis/downloads/na32/ivt/MOE430A.na32.annot.csv.zip). You need NetAffyx ID to download it.

My dChip build version is Dec 5 2011.

The error message is

  Reading gene information file 'C:\Users\KIM-1\Desktop\HaeWon\Microarray data\MOE430A.na32.annot.csv\MOE430A.na32.annot.csv'...
  Not a gene information file or not saved in tab-delimited text format;For SNP array, specify genome info file at 'Analysis/Chromosome' (no gene info file is needed)
    Header line: ##For information about the Annotation file content, please see the bundled README file.

Actually, the new annotation file is not even tab-delimited text format, so I changed the format the tab-delimited text file and tried again but failed.

Does anyone know how I can use updated gene information file? or do I have to use the old one forever?

HaeWon

Cheng Li

Jul 24, 2012, 12:39:15 PM7/24/12
to dchip-s...@googlegroups.com
Hae-Won,

Try "Tools/Make information file".

Cheng
http://www.ChengLiLab.org/

--
This message is from the dChip Software user group.
-- If you ask dChip questions, please include dChip output messages, generated files, or screenshots to help rapid debugging.

Hae-Won Chung