Green Muslims is Expanding! Open Call For Board Members

A. E. Soltan

Nov 6, 2015, 9:47:07 AM11/6/15
to dcgreen...@googlegroups.com

A Salaam alaikum everyone,

We are expanding and excited to announce an open call for board member applications! Specifically, we are looking to fill our Director of Communications position (position description attached).

We plan to host a seasonal potluck on December 6th. Applications submitted before December 6th will be given preference; otherwise, we look forward to talking to interested candidates at our potluck about our organization and your potential role. Please see the official call for applications below!

---

OPEN CALL FOR BOARD APPLICATIONS :: GREEN MUSLIMS

The Green Muslims board of directors is seeking applications for potential candidates to serve on the board of directors. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the organization and advance our mission of living the environmental spirit of Islam.

Why we are doing this

Green Muslims' board of directors is growing structural capacity and engaging in succession/strategic planning. We are excited to add new perspectives, roles, and passions to our board as we expand our work.

This open call for board applications is designed to engage the entire Green Muslims community in identifying interested candidates who will ensure the organization continues to carry out its vision and mission, and does so in a way that is inclusive of our global community.

 ​​

What the Green Muslims Board of Directors is looking for

The board is seeking candidates who have a passion and enthusiasm for the mission of Green Muslims and can act as ambassadors, fundraisers, and/or experts. We are open to developing new positions based on the strength of the candidates' interests and experiences.

In making your application for board, please describe the skills you believe you can bring to Green Muslims.

Application process

To apply, please submit a letter of intent outlining your interests and resume to Colin Christopher [co...@greenmuslims.org] by December 5th. Please feel free to share this form with your networks and anyone you think may be interested in serving.

Applications submitted before December 6th will be given preference; otherwise, we look forward to speaking with candidates about their potential roles at our December 6th seasonal potluck.

Contact

For any questions contact Colin Christopher at co...@greenmuslims.org.

--
A. E. Soltan | Director of Development
Open Call For Board Members -- Green Muslims 1162015.pdf