Green Muslims Winter Community Potluck!

Colin Christopher

Feb 1, 2016, 11:30:08 AM2/1/16
to dcgreen...@googlegroups.com
Asalaamu  Alaikum Y'all,

It was inspiring to see so many people make it out to our Winter Community Potluck yesterday afternoon in D.C!

Inline image 1

We were thrilled to see that over 30 people, Muslim and folks from other faith traditions, have a variety of ideas about how Green Muslims can expand our programming. From racial and environmental justice tea talks to youth programming, a host of people stepped up to plate to contribute their time and energy to making the Green Muslims community even stronger, alhumdullilah!

If you weren't able to make it yesterday but have an idea to share, please do let us know: in...@greenmuslims.org

Stay tuned for more exciting opportunities and programming.

Salaam,
Colin

Colin Christopher | Executive Director

Isabel Zeitz-Moskin

Feb 1, 2016, 1:37:15 PM2/1/16
to co...@greenmuslims.org, dcgreen...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all!

It was so great to meet you and see how thriving this community of activists is! Both Elana and I were so glad we came and so impressed by your dedication and enthusiasm.

I know our sign up wasn't very visible yesterday, but if anyone would like to be added to the Interfaith Power and Light list, then please feel free to pass along your email, congregation and/or phone number and address (or just the city you live in)!

Also if any of you live in Maryland and would like an opportunity to meet with your legislators to represent a faith voice from your county/district, there is an opportunity coming up to go to Annapolis and lobby for two really important bills promoting clean energy in Maryland. For folks who live in Prince George's, Anne Arundel, Howard, Harford and Baltimore County, then your lobby night is coming up soon on Feb. 8 at 5PM in the Maryland State House! For those who live in Baltimore City, that will take place on Feb. 22, same time same place. And then all other counties and regions will hold lobby nights in March. You don't need to have any lobbying experience, but it's a great opportunity to learn about this important legislation for clean energy and to meet other environmental stewards in Maryland, so if that sounds like something you would be available for then please please let me know! People of faith have an extremely important place in this conversation and we would love to have you represent that voice, especially since you all are so well informed and connected to a community of amazing stewards. If you don't think you can attend, but know of people in Maryland who may like to be a part of this action, feel free to pass this information along! Any and all are welcome. Otherwise, there is another opportunity to invite clergy to a breakfast with legislators, so if you'd like to see your leaders getting active in green initiatives in Maryland, then again let me know!!

I hope this is not too much information, but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks again for hosting us at your really inspiring event! We will definitely be back for more!

Best,
Isabel

Isabel Zeitz Moskin, Maryland Organizer

Interfaith Power & Light (DC.MD.NoVA):
Our religious response to climate change.
A program of the InterFaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington