[Volunteer] Fairfax County Farmers Markets

Hala ElBarmil

Jun 23, 2016, 10:38:00 AM6/23/16
to Green Muslims, Chelsea Roseberry
Hello,

I hope that you are doing well. Currently, I am the Program Assistant at the Fairfax County Farmers Markets. If you are a foodie, love food justice, advocacy, sustainable farming/agriculture, and having fun, then being a volunteer at the Fairfax County Farmers Market is right for you! We have 11 markets throughout Fairfax County, and the list can be viewed hereWe need extra pair of hands for the following locations: Lorton, Annandale, Government Center, McLean, Herndon, and Oak Marr. Being involved with the farmers markets allows you to be aware of environmental issues, getting educated about where their food comes from, connecting with local farmers, and so much more. If you are involved with an organization and interested to setup a field trip to the Farmers Market or how your members could be involved in volunteering, please feel free to contact me. Individuals who are interested in volunteers are also welcome as well. Watch this video to learn more about our Farmers Markets and/or visiting our website. I can't wait to get starting working with you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hala Elbarmil
Program Assistant
Fairfax County Farmers Markets

CC: Chelsea Roseberry, Farmers Market Coordinator