Join us for Rock The Dock For Barack on Wednesday!

Jim McBride

Aug 2, 2022, 3:43:36 PM8/2/22
to dccareer...@googlegroups.com

Register Here: http://rockthedockforbarack.eventbrite.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: NEWS 4 PROGRESS <network4...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 4:04 PM
Subject: Join us for Rock The Dock For Barack on Wednesday!
To: <fwdprog...@gmail.com>

View this email in your browser
*** N4P UPDATE ***

(August 1 2022)

click "View Email" above or "View Message" below to read or share full newsletter!

WEDNESDAY:
RSVP: ROCK THE DOCK FOR BARACK @ THE WHARF-DC!

Join Network For Progress to celebrate President Barack Obama's 61st Birthday Eve and summer congressional recess with a gathering of Democrats, Progressives, Hope Mongers and Change Makers!

And since its summer what better way to come together than with an outdoor concert at the Wharf!

This week's "Rock The Dock" Transit Concert Series features Soulfire (rock) and there is an official facebook event. The show officially begins at 7pm.

Transit Pier stage is next to Cantina Bambina and features two bars and a food stand for these shows but feel free to BYO refreshments and even something to share potluck-style! Outside alcohol will be confiscated though.

We will gather at the rear of the crowd along the walkway in front of Cantina Bambina. The band is far enough away that we can hear eachother if you want to talk but feel free to move closer and watch the band at any time as well.

I will bring some Obama-themed signage and feel free to wear your Obama gear as well.

Text Jim at 703-867-5070 if you would like help finding us. We will have name tags to make introductions easier and feel free to wear anything else to show off your favorite affiliation!

On a final note, this time of year is also special because July 27th was the 18th Anniversary of Barack Obama's "United States of America" 2004 DNC Keynote Address and i believe the message is more relevant than ever. Here is the video in case you missed it!

It would be great to connect before the midterms as we have big plans to bring back Obama's coalition-driven approach to politics and a new networking app for activists is on its way in September!

Event Host Jim McBride was founder of Generation Obama-Washington, DC which spawned the Network For Progress community in 2011 and Blue Victory War Room virtual events in 2020.
RSVP: ROCK THE DOCK FOR BARACK @ THE WHARF-DC!
FIND DEM & GRASSROOTS EVENTS ON MOBILIZE.US!

*** CALL FOR N4P SUBMISSIONS ***

Want us to share a political or civic Event or Action or Resource?

Email network4...@gmail.com and we will include your submissions in our newsletter and social media platforms - more than a week in advance if possible. Inviting Jim McBride and Progress DC on Facebook helps but isn’t considered an official request.

Also, feel free to post on your own in our facebook communities (social media listing below) and use hashtags like #n4p or DM us so we can RT your tweets!

Want to suggest a speaker and/or organization to feature in our next meetup?

Email network4...@gmail.com with your ideas.

FOLLOW ALL OUR NETWORKS:

http://networkforprogress.weebly.com/follow-us.html

(includes Progress USA national posts, DC Career Progress, DC Comm Tech For Progress, Campaign 4 Progress DC, Advocate 4 Progress DC, Serve 4 Progress DC and Jim's Forward Progressive blog)

Copyright © 2022 Network For Progress, All rights reserved.
All members are prior Network For Progress event attendees or listserv subscribers.

Our mailing address is:
Network For Progress
144 Garden Dr
Bridgeport, CT 06606