January 2020 meeting details

Tactical Failure

Jan 5, 2020, 3:31:05 PM1/5/20
to dc...@googlegroups.com
http://dc612.org/index.php/2020/01/05/thursday-january-9th-2020-612pm-wilde-cafe/

Hello Hackers!

Kicking off the new decade, our very own Kat Traxler (@NightmareJS) will
be sharing a talk titled “The Cloud Attack Surface – Laughing at the OSI
Model” which she gave at BSidesMSP:

Security Professionals are comfortable reasoning about the security
posture of systems within the framework of the OSI model. We classify
attacks as network based or application based each with their own set of
understood preconditions or rules. Enter ‘The Cloud’ or I as like to
think about it, platforms in other people’s datacenters. The Cloud API
Platforms are used by a new breed of operations teams to define network
or application systems in code. It’s on the Cloud API Platform that a
new attack surface has opened and it plays by none of the old rules.

— TactiFail

Where: Wilde Cafe – 65 Main St SE, Mpls.
When: Thursday, January 9th, 2020 @ 6:12PM