Drinking fountains on the W&OD trail

Keith F. Lynch

Jul 6, 2019, 5:17:35 PM7/6/19
The fountain near where the W&OD crosses Route 7, at mile-post 7,
isn't working.

The next fountain to its east, near where the W&OD crosses Lee
Highway, is inaccessible since that portion of the trail is closed for
maintenance. Judging by the length of the grass next to the closed
section, it's been closed for months.

The fountain at the junction with the Custis trail is working.
Perhaps there should be a sign on it that it's the last water for
however many miles. I haven't gone west of Vienna on the W&OD for
many years, but if I recall correctly, the first water in that
direction isn't until mile-post 16.
--
Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/