Gentle Reminder and Zoom Link For January 12 Encore Presention of TRE by Ellen McKenzie

From: Dianne Rankin

Jan 10, 2022, 10:56:48 AM1/10/22
to dc-somati...@googlegroups.com
We still have  spaces available so it is not too late to join . I would still appreciate RSVPs to assist in planning.Look forward to seeing you there.

Here is the zoom link.

For those who missed Ellen's October presentation, she has agreed to to provide an encore session
on January 12, from 7:00-8:30 PM.

A trainer and yoga therapist, Ellen will again introduce us to TRE, a simple yet innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension and trauma. Created by Dr. David Berceli, PhD, TRE safely
activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension, calming down the nervous system.

Ellen explains that for those in "helping professions," like coaching, TRE can be a powerful self care practice in a couple of ways: It can support regulation in your own nervous system so that you can be a more grounded presence for your clients; and it can help you discharge the vicarious stress/trauma that comes from listening to and empathizing with your clients’ challenges. In her session, Ellen will provide background on TRE and its uses today and lead us through an experiential TRE practice. We recommend wearing  comfortable clothes for gentle movement and having a
mat/rug/towel for lying on the floor. A debrief and Q&A session will complete the session.

October participants had high praise for the session. You don't want to this opportunity.

Please RSVP to drank...@aol.com. Watch for the zoom link on 1/10.

We currently are considering 2-3 possibilities for our next session. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Dianne Rankin