Gentle Reminder and Zoom Link for Our Inaugural Book Review Session, February 15, 7-8:30( EST)

From: Dianne Rankin

Feb 1, 2022, 5:22:59 PM2/1/22
to dc-somati...@googlegroups.com
On February 15, DC Somatics will host our first ever book discussion meeting. For this inaugural session we will discuss Bessel Van der Kolk's 2014 somatic classic  The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma

Dana Pulley, one of our founders and a Strozzi graduate,  will lead us in  exploring why this book about somatics, of all things, has been on the bestseller list for over 147 weeks!  So please read or listen to the book (It's a long book so get started soon if you haven't already.)  Alternatively, you can read the attached discussion guide and/or listen to  Ezra Kline’s insightful interview with Bessel at

  Come prepared with your observations, insights and questions and to have a lively conversation.(Don't stay away if you don't have a chance to read the book--Come and enjoy the conversation !)

  Dana is an executive coach, facilitator of leadership development ,and a mindfulness teacher.  She strives to create whole person learning experiences that access the body's wisdom.

If you haven't already , please RSVP to drank...@aol.com--it helps with planning.

ZOOM LINK:
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88178914919?pwd=V29nLzZUQXphT05tUnQ3a1FEVUtHQT09

Meeting ID: 881 7891 4919
Passcode: 186438
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,88178914919#,,,,*186438# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,88178914919#,,,,*186438# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)