Planning for New Season/ / News You can Use Fwd: Embodying the Mystery in Turbulent Times with Richard Strozzi-Heckler

From: Dianne Rankin

Sep 2, 2022, 1:38:55 PM9/2/22
to dc-somati...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

Hope you all have had wonderful summers and are refreshed and ready for a new season of learning and connection. We are hoping
 to offer another season of at least four somatic "practice sessions," some in-person, some virtual. Our first session will be a shared
 in-person gathering with our local ICF Group the weekend of October 14-15 (Day TBD)  featuring Russ Watts. Russ is a multi-talented
Executive Coach, trainer,facilitator known for incorporating nature into much of his work. Stay tuned for details soon. Other sessions are in
planning stages. Let us know if you would like to be a presenter or recommend  someone.

Meanwhile, possibly  like some of you, I have been inundated with offers of free sessions relating to somatics, embodied learning, mindfulness, and other related topics. I thought I'd share some in case you might be interested and welcome others  to do the same. In addition to the Strozzi offer below, Strozzi now has a community called Soma where people are encouraged to share learning and ideas relating to somatics. Some members of that group have joined ours. I encourage you to check it out.

My fantasy of organizing a list  of others to share is just not going to happen. What I will do is send a few others  with the subject line  News You Can Use, and you can take a look or delete, as you wish Many record their sessions that can be viewed later. .We do not mean to favor any group over another, just to share relevant
learning opportunities of possible interest.
Cheers,
Dianne Rankin

A Free Video Series
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

I'm really thrilled to be part of an upcoming retreat offered by my long time friend and colleague, the renowned Richard Strossi-Heckler, author of Embodying the Mystery: Somatic Wisdom for Emotional, Energetic, and Spiritual Awakening.

Richard has been a pioneer in the field of embodied leadership and somatic practices for the past 50 years.

In this all-new series, Richard teaches about experiencing fear with dignity. He offers insights and solutions to embracing fear as an ally, which is relevant for our times. You don’t want to miss his teachings!

This series includes:
Video 1: Fear on the Path: Dignifying Our Experiences of Vulnerability
Video 2: Cultivating a Certain Uncertainty: An Embodied Response to Crisis

When we slow down to experience fear in our bodies, a lot can come up — and we have plenty of opportunities to encounter fear in our daily lives. Many people hide feelings of fear behind habitual responses, which leads to disconnection with themselves and others.

Richard talks about what it means to have an authentic relationship with fear, anxiety, and vulnerability in these two videos. He offers gentle guidance for allowing fear to be a pathway more profound into embodying the mystery and suggests, in his teacher’s words, that fear is an opportunity to become fearless.

These videos will only be available for a limited time, so sign up now to get immediate access. Please join me for this amazing opportunity to study and practice with a master teacher!

Warmly,

Fleet Maull, PhD
Founder - Heart Mind Institute

P.S. If you don’t know Richard…

Richard Strozzi-Heckler, PhD is founder of Strozzi Institute. He has spent five decades researching, developing and teaching Somatics to business leaders, teams from Fortune 500 companies, NGOs, technology start-ups, non-profits, and  the U.S.Military.

He was named one of the Top 50 Executive Coaches in The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching and Profiles in Coaching. He is the co-founder of the Mideast Aikido Project (MAP), which brings together Palestinians and Israelis through the practice of Aikido.

Richard is the author of nine books, including The Leadership Dojo, In Search of the Warrior Spirit, The Anatomy of Change, Holding the Center and The Art of Somatic Coaching, and the recently released Embodying the Mystery: Somatic Wisdom for Emotional, Energetic, and Spiritual Awakening. From 2002 to 2007 he was an advisor to NATO and the Supreme Allied Commander of Europe General Jim Jones, formally the National Security Advisor. He was featured on the cover of the Wall Street Journal for developing a groundbreaking leadership program for the U.S. Marine Corps. He has a PhD in Psychology, is the founder of Two Rock Aikido, and is a seventh-degree black belt Shihan in the martial art of Aikido.

P.P.S. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with sup...@strozziinstitute.com

Heart Mind Institute
104 Main Street
Hatfield