Washington DC ACM SIGGRAPH Demo Reel Night – October 16th

Kim

Sep 26, 2014, 8:52:43 PM9/26/14
to dc-si...@googlegroups.com
Next Meeting October 16 –
FROM:
6:30pm to 9pm (6:30-7:00 social networking, 7:00-9:00pm demo reviews)
WHERE:
US Patent and Trademark Office (Remsen Building), at 600 Dulany Street, Alexandria, VA

Come join DC SIGGRAPH for our demo reel/portfolio review night. We will be reviewing demo reels and portfolios and take part in an open discussion and review of what works and what doesn’t when it comes to the one thing that shows your skill, talent, and experience… your demo reel or portfolio. If you don’t have a reel yet, just come over and enjoy networking with other like-minded individuals.

As we face the effects of layoffs, budget cuts and a tightening economy, many people are thinking about updating their demo reel. How long should it be? What are interviewers looking for? If you are looking for ways to improve your present position, or shopping around for a new one, the time to polish up your demo reel is now. If you’re looking to hire, this will be a great opportunity to see a range of fresh new talent. Join us on Thursday, October 16, 2014 from 6:30pm to 9pm as DC_SIGGRAPH discusses these questions and more at our Annual Demo Reel Night.

Please RSVP to our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DCsiggraph) and indicate if you will be bringing a demo reel to share. You can also put you’re demo on a website and we will test the link before the event to make sure everything works. Light snacks will be provided (soda and chips). Hope to see you there!