How to play 3D interatively in Powerpoint

Holly

Nov 16, 2015, 10:59:22 AM11/16/15
to DC SIGGRAPH
Hi!

Does anyone know of a plugin that will allow users to import movies and/or models into Powerpoint and orbit around them interactively?

I did it years ago but cannot recall how I did it. I think it was even a free plugin.

Thanks!
Holly

Kim

Nov 16, 2015, 8:28:21 PM11/16/15
to DC SIGGRAPH
Deep Exploration Right Hemisphere software was able to do it. I tried it back in 2004. The plugin had to be downloaded for it to play in PowerPoint though. Deep Exploration was bought by a company called SAP and the software got incorporated into a bigger suite of CAD tools. SAP is now really expensive. I don't know what else can do this but let me know if you find out.

Holly

Nov 17, 2015, 8:27:12 PM11/17/15
to DC SIGGRAPH
I think that is probably how I did back then.
I'll let you know if I find a new solution.

thanks,

Chris Niewinski

Nov 18, 2015, 11:30:20 AM11/18/15
to dc-si...@googlegroups.com
I used to use Right Hemisphere as well, very buggy and yes, now owned by SAP. More recently, I've used Simlab Composer to create something similar but it was embedded in a PDF. Perhaps they have something for PowerPoint or you could insert the PDF into the PowerPoint.