Starting the Journey

J P

Feb 8, 2020, 8:32:47 PM2/8/20
to DC Parade
Things to Know as We Start the Journey to the 2020 Dragon Con Parade
(Originally published as “January 1 Update” in the Announcements/Pinned Post section of out Facebook group)
Welcome to 2020! Things will start rolling in FEBRUARY when we open parade registration on Febuary 15 at 3:00 PM (Eastern Daylight). MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
We can't wait to work with all of you and see what wonderful things you bring to the parade this year!
We like LOTS of communication and make generous use of our social media (Facebook, Twitter (@dragonconparade), the Dragoncon website) and other sources to make announcements and share information. Feel free to post here in our Facebook group, ask questions and get to know the parade OR email me at dc_parade at dragoncon dot org OR PM me using Messenger.
To help you plan for the big event, here's some general reminders.
1) We do not accept registrations before Febuary 15.
2) Registration is an online process using an easy to fill out form that's accessible from most devices, including smartphones.
We announce the form's URL when we officially open registration.
3) With few exceptions, we accept entries on a first in/first considered basis until all of the available space in the parade has been reserved at which point we close active registration and open a Wait List.
This means you need to be prepared to register as soon as we announce it's open. The 2019 Parade filled up within 2 hours of registration opening.
Both paricipants and planned vehicle entries need to be registered.
4) ALL parade entries are reviewed prior to being confirmed. Make sure you have all the information you'll need (number of spaces you are reserving, if you'll have a vehicle to register, etc.). Successfully filling out and submitting the form does not mean your entry is automatically confirmed for the parade.
You can register yourself as an individual participant or as a group leader (registering 2 or more people under one contact name).
If you will be part of a registered group but not the contact person, you DO NOT need to register yourself separately. Your participation is covered under the group registration.
5) DO NOT USE THIS REGISTRATION METHOD IF a) you are looking to register your business or product to promote in the parade or b) you and/or your group are not planning on purchasing memberships in Dragoncon 2020.
Commercial entries are welcome as sponsors and have a separate registration process.
Participation in the parade is a perk of Dragoncon membership - no badge, no marching.