An inquiry to the DC Beekeepers

Burcu

Mar 9, 2012, 11:13:21 AM3/9/12
to DC Honeybees Forum
Hi,

I lived in DC for the past nine years. Now I'm living temporarily in
NY before returning to my home country, Turkey. I became interested in
beekeeping recently and took a class at the NYC Beekeepers
Association. My goal is to gain more experience in beekeeping this
spring and provide the information I gain to the beekeepers and
natural living enthusiasts in Turkey. Specifically, I will be talking
about urban beekeeping at a training on permaculture in Istanbul at
the beginning of June. I'm also starting a blog and working freelance
for a social mission company in Turkey conducting honey tasting
walking tours and providing women beekeepers with educational
opportunities.

I will be in DC March 14-21 and would love to meet some beekeepers,
visit hives if possible, interview for my blog and take some photos
for my June presentation.

If there are any DC beekeepers who are willing to spend some time
showing me their hives and talking about urban beekeeping in DC I
would very much appreciate it. And hopefully I can spread the word
about urban beekeeping in DC via my networks that way as well.

Thank you in advance for your time,

Burcu Uzer