[dc-area-cit sci] Reminder + RSVP Request: March 6th Meeting for City Nature Challenge 2020

Stella Tarnay

Feb 28, 2020, 11:22:45 AM2/28/20
to dc-area-cityn...@googlegroups.com, washington-dc-are...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Citizen Science Friends:

The 2020 Kickoff Meeting for Washington DC area’s City Nature Challenge (CNC) is just one week away. Please join us if you are an organizer of a CNC event or are still considering hosting one. This meeting will be a gathering of the Washington DC Area Citizen Science Network and the CNC community.

City Nature Challenge 2020 - Building the Conservation Community
Friday, March 6th
9:00 am - 11:30 am
(light morning refreshments at 9:00, program begins at 9:30)

The Nature Conservancy
4245 Fairfax Dr #100, Arlington, VA 22203, USA
(at the Ballston Metro Stop on the Orange Line)

We’ll share organizer resources (get your free City Nature Challenge postcards!), highlight outreach opportunities, and as a community of peers, exchange lessons learned from previous CNC events. A panel discussion will consider how citizen science in general and the City Nature Challenge more specifically can help build the region’s conservation community, AND support your program. There will be time for interactive conversation and meet + greet.

The Ballston area has many lunch spots if you’d like to continue networking informally after the meeting. Thank you to The Nature Conservancy for hosting.

Look forward to seeing you!

Stella

Stella Tarnay
Capital Nature
Steering Committee Member, Washington DC Area Citizen Science Network
Regional Planning Team, Washington DC Regional CNC

Carrie Seltzer

Mar 4, 2020, 11:43:16 AM3/4/20
to Stella Tarnay, dc-area-cityn...@googlegroups.com, washington-dc-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We hope to see you on Friday at The Nature Conservancy in Arlington! If you plan to join us, please be sure to RSVP.

We have several thousand postcards (including 1000 in Spanish) so if you need some for events, bulletin boards, info desks, trailheads, etc. please add your request here. If you can't get them on Friday from TNC, you can get them from my home in northeast DC or National Geographic.

Best,
Carrie

Carrie E. Seltzer, Ph.D.